Limerick GAA - Box Office

Ya, A very Strange one. Didnt feature for Kiely at all at u21 level. Massive loss to Footballers if he throws his lot full time with the Hurlers like Hegarty. Jimbob a very strange one aswell considering he is a club mate of Kiely

Will we see the month of July in 2017. We will run out of road in Mullingar eventually !!!

1 Like

@anon32894817

Did ye only have one sub on Saturday?

Subs: Mikey Dillon for Adrian Garvey (blood sub); Mikey Dillon for Martin Nunan; Martin Nunan for Mikey Dillon (for extra-time); Mikey Dillon for Tony McCarthy

6 Likes

Good to see the two Robbies, Egan and Hanley get the call up.

3 Likes

Poor Mikey Dillon mustn’t have known whether he was coming or going by the end of it.

3 Likes

Mikey '‘monkey wrench’ Dillon

Ah, it’s only a “primarily” panel

http://limerickgaa.ie/limerick-hurling-panel-for-2017-announced/

2 Likes

I see the scriptwriter for limerick gaa is also struggling with English grammar.

I’m surprised he can write at all

Test

Go on then, who’s in or out due to “politics”?

I like the look of the squad tbh, as much as you can a preliminary squad. Wouldn’t have thought it was hugely controversial tbh.

Omissions:

Jim-Bob- who has opted out
Kevin Downes- injured
Paudie O’Brien- not sure his story but there is a lot of competition for midfield places, which is his best spot
Eoghan McNamara- I think he’s better than Hennessy & McCarthy personally
Aaron Gillane- Considering some of the names there, I do think it’s a bit harsh
Tom Ryan- Although he might be in the US
William O’Donoghue- Going to the US this summer afaik
Ballybrown players- Are any of them really good enough?
David Reidy- Maybe not good enough, surprised not to see him in a 39 man panel though
Barry Lynch- More one that I personally would have liked to see, rather than an actual surprise

Notable inclusions:

Seamus Flanagan- Interesting call, obviously has faith in him
Robbie Hanley- Kiely is a big fan though
Stevie Cahill- Odd one based on the fact that he wasn’t involved in either of Kiely’s 21 teams
Kyle Hayes- The only minor to make it, but he is a super hurler
Lorcan Lyons- A decent player, but better than some of the players above?
John Fitzgibbon- A talented player but I don’t know if he has that top ability and he’s likely to go well early in the year but won’t make an impact later on
Robbie Egan- A very good ballwinner, worth a go but I’d be surprised if he’s involved come Championship tbh

4 Likes

Say nothin till you here more.

Test

Can’t really argue with that panel.

Are the Doon lads not injured?

I wasn’t at the game but I assume that’s a misprint. By all accounts it was a septic game below junior a standard. Not sure why it took 5 weeks to play the replay.

Inter has regressed to junior standard and junior a is pitiful. No munster club championship is the reason, as you should know.

I would agree with a lot of that. Cahill is very odd for inclusion.

The entire starting side that won the 2015 u21 AI included.