Limerick GAA - Box Office

Ye are mad for the overhead pulling unless tis Liam Dunne doing it!!!

1 Like

Limerick will win Munster 2017

I’ll kick the bollox off you in 2017.

2 Likes

Clare can’t put a team together I hear

A great overhead pull @ 3.20ish in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGNjEH7hHe0

If someone tried that these days they’d be shot. Probably rightly so, but it’s great to watch.

Owen O’Neill got absolutely KO’d at 7.20 in this, the game had stopped as well. Not even a talking to for the corner back :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGNjEH7hHe0

Mick Ryan :joy:

But don’t you have god himself, T Kelly, playing for you ??

Barely anyone wore a helmet back then. Damien Quigley, the Sparrow O’Loughlin had proper protective helmets. Then you had the Joe Deane, TJ Ryan ones that would pop off and fly into the air whenever the lads got a shoulder.

5 Likes

It must been in the late 1990s / early 2000s when TG4 started showing games from the 1970s and early 1980s on their All Ireland Gold programme. The standard was generally appalling when viewed at that time.

Now 15/20 years on, I look back at games from the late 1990s and the standard looks equally shit.

Forwards who were household names and lauded by everyone getting the ball in space 50 yards out and mishitting a dirty slicy / scoopy point attempt which lands on the 14 yard line before there’s a huge melee and the ball ends up in the net.

You have Marty or Ger on commentary saying the goal came about because of the perceptive ball in by [random star forward of the 1990s].

4 Likes

Barry Foley had one of the Scanda ones with those absolutely bizarre duckbill faceguards. Can’t remember too many other intercounty players that left the faceguard on them.

Proper hurling. None of that tippy tappy winning shit.

1 Like

Hip, whip & in O’Neills case Kick.

And in 20 years time today’s standard will also look shit, when compared to the standard of the day.

2 Likes

Go back and watch any rugby match 20 or 30 years ago.

Before the Munster and Leinster bandwagons? Did rugby really exist before then?

1 Like

God will be back we have you know

That’s my point, mate. Most, if not all, sports seem to be evolving and improving at a decent rate.

Yes there was one game in the 70’s where the Dockers & Doctors of Limerick beat a team from some god forsaken island at the arse end of the World. After that the game was disbanded in Ireland until the mid nineties when Munster PLC was setup.

Suppose with Limerick winning all irelands to beat the band in the meantime there was no call for it