Limerick GAA - Box Office

Athletically, Aerially and Aggression wise Ronan Lynch wouldn’t hold a candle to Ronan Maher for fuck sake. He is a classier hurler alright but that isn’t much good to you at centre back when the likes of Austin Gleeson or Bonner Maher are landing you on your hole, or speeding past you or out fielding you.

Gavin O’ Mahony is our best option at 6 in my opinion. Byrnes at 5 and a battle on for 7 between a few candidates

4 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

Gavin is weak as a sock FFS you’re telling me Gleeson or Bonnar wouldn’t knock him on his arse quicker than they would Lynch?

Ronan Lynch and O Connell are not senior inter county hurlers… Lynch is too nice.

1 Like

Another insightful contribution on Hurling matters from our resident emoji queen…

As I said Limerick will need to adopt a sweeper system to sort out there defensive issues. Hego and Byrnes either side of o Connell or o Mahoney with hannon playing a sweeper role.

Gavin would be my default option. I don’t think he’s perfect there, but he should do a decent job in a well-organised system.

If Hegarty was a little bit more comfortable on the ball, I’d consider him too. I think he should be tried there in any case.

I think that Kyle Hayes is probably the future there, might be a bit early for him yet and Kiely’s played him in the forwards so far, but he is a class act.

Apparently BOC was poor at the weekend against Cork; I would have thought he’d be a candidate considering he seemed to do the job required very well for the 21s. Obviously senior is worlds apart from that but he might be worth another shot beside two aerially-dominant wing-backs.

Kiely has also played Hickey there, I’d have to see him there to judge, he’d definitely need to get boots that would stop him from slipping all the time if he was to play there.

You fucking ape, luxury Hurlers. :sweat_smile:

Preferably if you play a sweeper he should be able to cover serious ground. Paul Browne or Jim Bob are the best options for that role.

@Smark That’s exactly what I’m telling you. Mahony has actually done well enough at 6 when played there and has far more cut in him and more Aggression than Lynch.

Young O’Connell will surely be given enough more chances to nail it down at CB. He did well there at U21.

As said above by @Aristotle , the conventional CB player is a dying breed. Just look at the roasting Joyce got against WD. The position is more a holding player who is able to clean breaking ball in front of the FB & across the HB line.
Ronan Maher has set the bar really in this regard.

Kiely is astute enough to know that GOM is nowhere near mobile enough to do that job anymore.

Wow, more cutting edge Hurling contributions.

This from the man who thinks Taggy Fogarty was a better player than Eoin Larkin, who didn’t realise that his own county had a Goalkeeper on their panel who played outfield for his club while laughing at Limerick for it, who didn’t know that Darragh Egan was an All Ireland Medal Winner etc etc.

Hannon, Dowling, Ronan Lynch, are all luxury forwards, meaning they don’t put in the donkey work and if you carry more than one of them your team is fucked. If you knew anything about it instead of drugs, emojis and oil changes you’d know that little chap.

2 Likes

How many championship appearances at Senior has Darragh got?

Again you show yourself up. Gavin O’Mahony is more mobile than Barry O’Connell who has very little pace

But Gav is stone useless.

I’d hazard a guess at about 5 or 6.

Is that supposed to be a reply? You asked a simple question and I answered. What would your guess be? 7,8,9??

:joy:

• There, I saved you the embarrassment @carryharry our emoji queen

:rollseyes: