Limerick GAA - Box Office

You have been destroyed again.

:smile::smile:

Ah now you’re just trying too hard, sign of being rattled mate.

Rattled on the Internet? I’m trying too hard?

:smile:

Jesus there is no comparison between Ronan Maher and Ronan Lynch. Maher can be the best Tipperary 6 since Mick Roche . Lynch has talent and potential but not at 6 at IC level .

1 Like

Barry O’Connell is a game lad but the step up to intercounty is too much for him. Fine club hurler but he’d be eaten alive against Clare in June.

To think of the stick Brian Geary got for years and what we’d give for a fairly solid, dependable player of his ilk now.

4 Likes

Geary wouldn’t have a hope at CB in modern day hurling. As regards BOC, June is a long long way off yet.

I also wouldn’t write O’Connell off and to be honest Gavin won’t do there in the Summer. I don’t like the look of most of the alternatives mentioned so could I throw Lorcan Lyons ’ name into the mix. Also there is no way ALTC and Hegarty are inter co fowards. Play them in the half back line or not at all.

For his faults Geary had the intelligence to play the centre back role well. Good positional sense, a physical presence and you could depend on him being a 7 out of 10 nearly every day. He was past his best when Tipp’s Ryan O’Dwyer scored the hat trick that day in Thurles.

2 Likes

Geary was a good one. No legs, but one of the best game readers I’ve seen. He’d fit in fine nowadays.

6 Likes

Geary was a good 6 . Real physicality , great reader , good in the air. Lacked a yard maybe and generally caught the ball with his top hand necessitating a change .

3 Likes

Hegarty as a "Dan McCormack " type ???

NO.

We don’t have the forwards like Callanan, bubbles etc.
Tipp can afford that type of player. Unless we adopt the John Allen approach and play our 2 half forwards behind our mid-field and run from deep then I see no point of ALTC & Hegarty in those positions.

Agreed on the latter two but cant agree on the first. Not at that level at all.

Over the last few years our forwards work rate has been poor . Let’s be honest , a number of them would not be Stakhavonite in their workrate . Defences have worked the ball out of defence handy enough versus Limerick . Hegarty is a big athletic unit .

1 Like

I will cut you.

1 Like

Who do lads from Ballygaddy area play with?

The first reference to “a bit of cut” this year. Well done, son.

It’s Kilmallock parish. Ballingaddy and the Tintown lads would play with Kilmallock.

Geary was a fine hurler, a really good centre-back. Would walk into any Limerick team since, well, he left the centre-back position.

1 Like