Limerick GAA - Box Office

Don’t forget the Superblues either pal, could be a historic year.

Go way you ape. They played positively in the second half pressed them higher up, launched in a few long balls and commited men forward and had great success. If anything it reinforced what I was saying, they cut loose and put it right up to them. Should have won it in normal time, Carroll in particular had two great chances. Turned into a very enjoyable game. The extended Kerry panel didn’t look up to much. James Donoghue would be a massive loss to them, looked serious enough.

2 Likes

Shut you right up.

We had those Kerry fuckers, had them rattled. It’s disappointing not to win when we had them like that, but this team is still early in its development and there’s enough there to be positive about the immediate future. A bit of pace, a few lads who can score, a good attitude throughout the team. Probably missing a couple of lads who can really compete in the air to really vary up our kickouts.

Neville has evolved into a real leader in the team, serious footballer, same with Corbett. Paul White adds a huge amount of pace, I thought Ward from Fr. Casey’s got through a huge amount of work when he came on. Based on that, I think we could definitely get promoted at least.

3 Likes

:rollseyes:

Your boys Casey and Dempsey looked lively today.

Two more Na Piarsaigh lads to shoehorn into my revised starting 15. Things are looking up for limerick.

We do not want it but the game is fixed for Friday

Really enjoyable second half of normal time and all of extra time. Most encouraging thing for Limerick is that it was some of the younger lights who led the charge. They looked very fit and overall a very positive day. Just couldn’t get our noses in front all day long.

We just lacked a big man in midfield to match Moran who had the run of the place. He was too big and strong for our lads who still battled gamely with him throughout.

Overall a lot to build on. After that would give us a fighting chance of going to Wexford in a fortnight and giving them a game.

Hurling was a non affair. Kerry were desperately poor. Full forward line all dove tailed well but a nothing game. Doubts still persist about the makeup of our half backline and they probably won’t be answered until Lee Chin is barrelling forward in three weeks time.

JK was on Live 95 after the game saying that Peter Casey was unavailable to play over the past month as he followed the return to play protocols after suffering a concussion. Tremendous to see Limerick GAA leading the way in terms of putting player welfare first. :clap::clap:

7 Likes

Clare asked for game to be played Friday. Cork have agreed. Its with the Munster Council, decision expected tomorrow. If Munster council dont agree then Clare will give walkover

1 Like

Vibes are good afterwards with the football squad. All about promotion and a croker final now. And more wins for the 21s

Hurlers biggest issue will be settling a team.
Hannon will be left at 6. Would want hego and byrnes beside him. Had a dozen could play midfield.
Nash, p Casey, c lynch will be in forwards. The other 3 are open. Quaid will be in goal. Settle down fullback line and we are up and running.

Feeling good and looking forward to the season now after the two games today as attitude in both squads is absolutely spot on.

2 Likes

Jerry o’Sullivan was sitting in front of me when twitter news came up that clare would not play wed. It will be moved to friday

Fair play to them… It’s a joke expecting lads to play this, Fitz, then league and u21 club games at this time of year.

3 Likes

Was chatting to someone at the matches today who has seen the u-21’s a couple of times. He was saying that they are one of the biggest teams we’ve had at this grade in recent years, three or four of them well over six foot.

Tipp in the quarter final and the winner plays Cork who have apparently lost most of last years team.

We’re you sitting near me??

Four players of 6ft 4 or more.
And i guess 4 more are 6 2 / 6 3

Few rows behind you.

You must have seen or heard that ape of a kerry fan at full time, roaring and screeching like they had won the AI five in a row. Shouting in the faces of a few Limerick fans. An awful prick.

Yes. A mountcollins lad in front of me was on for taking him.
Did you see the cut of the gimp wearing a union jack hat? Then after the game he tied his jacket round his waist and was wearing a kerry jersey.

Animal

1 Like

[quote=“dodgy_keeper, post:3507, topic:22756, full:true”]
Was chatting to someone at the matches today who has seen the u-21’s a couple of times. He was saying that they are one of the biggest teams we’ve had at this grade in recent years, three or four of them well over six foot.[/quote]

We could do with a couple of them in the senior team. The inability to go long from the kickouts was probably the most obvious weakness today.

Sounds like he riled ye up goodo.

I’d say he’s been telling yarns all night about the seething roaster heads on the Limerick boys he wound up to the last earlier that day.

Nah. He was an ignorant cunt and people just treated him as that.

1 Like

They’ll agree that so. Short turnaround for the final though.