Limerick GAA - Box Office

Ya willie O’Meara who played midfield last year and full back in their first game this year tore his cruciate.

2 Likes

Looks to me like they really overachieved with this group of players. Didn’t seem to have half as much talent available as the last group to reach the final. What do people reckon? Is @dodgy_keeper going to give daly some credit for this?

A horse of a lad. Better than 2 ordinary fellas…

I don’t think they overachieved in winning nothing.
This team not as talented as 2014 Munster winning side??? Probably not
Give Daly credit for winning nothing?..Does it matter?

Otherwise a great bunch of lads who were probably favored by a reasonable draw and better than any team they met this year …bar the team that beat them twice.

1 Like

You’ve been peddling this for months now. Said player was rightly let go off the panel and by all accounts talking to numerous players and other people in the know was absolutely no loss to squad mentality.

You think they were as talented a group as the 2014 winning side?

What a load of horse crap. This team didn’t over achieve at all. The thing about this team there wasn’t the usual bluster/hype out of 95fm, ard scoil ris arseholes and the Limerick leader about them being future superstars like previous seasons. There’s plenty of talent this side. Hayes, Nicholas, Finn hourigan, willie o meara, Brian Ryan and Cian o Connor have massive futures. What like about them is their combative style and they’ve some very good ball winners. Yesterday at the game I was sitting beside a tipp lad who pointed out the who’ll of Limerick was blowing about the likes of roan lynch in 2014 while Liam Blanchfield totally outclassed them all in the final and he could win his first all Ireland today and still more people country wide would have heard of ronan lynch because of the Limerick simpletons. It tells the who’ll story about Limerick Gaa.

7 Likes

Whole

I said probably not.

Nothing g like a neutral point of view to put us back in our box.

1 Like

Did he offer you a bite of his sangwidge?

6 Likes

Agree that Limerick get carried away with players coming through, but that sort of shit is very easy to say when you are winning 2 out of every 3 All-Irelands. Liam Blanchfield without a team of superstars around him wasn’t worth a fuck yesterday.

It was the same in Clare in the late 90s when Forde, Markham etc were coming through. The media kept going on about this conveyor belt where Clare kept finding these gems that added to their great team. Was a different story once those gems had to become the main men themselves.

2 Likes

I have mentioned it 2/3 times.
I am not in the ‘know’ as you appear to be but I do know (just as they needed him against Clare) he would have been a great option on the bench. If you are going to set rules and are inflexible to change then be prepared for the results. Liam Cahill told all the Tipp players at the start of the year that it was hurling only or they wouldn’t be considered. Young English decided to play football and was not on the hurling panel. Cahill changed his mind when the footballers were beaten and the result was that the kid was the MOtM yeasterday. Its called MANAGEMENT.

By the way do you think all the Tipp lads yesterday are angels? They are in their fuck.

1 Like

Fucking Ard Scoil again

You clearly aren’t privy to details. Move on he’ll prob make the football panel next year.

Fair enough. The footballers must have lower standards of behaviour…or else they see talent and realise we are from a county that cant afford to waste it.

You should pay careful attention to this lad. It wouldn’t be like him to form biased baseless opinions about players or their character and peddle it endlessly on here. He definitely wouldn’t be personally critical of a player for no apparent reason. And he has no track record of questioning the character of players that have proved themselves numerous times at the highest level.

Baseless opinions on a lad leaving the squad? Would you ever fuck off you clown. When are nap playing in the city championship or are they still sulking?

I’d imagine it’s more of a clean slate. There’s definitely less hassle playing football for Limerick.

Hearing Richie English sustained a serious enough injury recently. Massive blow to doon.