Limerick GAA - Box Office

I meant to ask, what are you feeding junior? He’s filled out…

Bruree - Murroe/Boher this evening in Premier Intermediate, both teams have won all their games so far, should be interesting.

The captain won’t be around for that league campaign, he has applied for a stint abroad with the army later this year. Hoping to be back for the championship though.

A point a man

A turkey shoot in wet and windy Claughaun as Na Piarsaigh walloped Monaleen 6-21 to 0-16. Both had men sent off in the first half - Kevin Ryan for a wild pull on young Golden when the ball was 15 yards away and Brian Geary for seeking a pound of flesh in the resultant debate.

Goals for Peter Casey, David Dempsey and Adrian Breen amongst others. Dowling didn’t tog, Kevin Downes looked lively and Monaleen were missing a share of players.

Ahane beat Bruff 2-10 to 0-14 with Tom Morrissey scoring 1-2 without reply in the closing minutes. Murroe-Boher also snatched it at the death against Bruree in the clash of the unbeaten PIHC teams. In the same competition, Mungret let slip a lead against Pallasgreen who edged home. Hard to see how they’ll avoid relegation now.

Drom/Broadford and St. Kieran’s drew in the likely relegation battle in their intermediate group. Bad result for Drom who will most likely meet Croom to decide who drops back to junior.

2 Likes

Thats some bating…Claughaun have a lovely field there.

Super surface - as good as there is anywhere in Limerick. Conditions were awful though.

1 Like

Great surface…one of my favourite fields to be honest.

Interesting to see will this gap narrow over the next decade .

Also will Mungret step up .

No reason why it should’nt.

I think it will. Monaleen have overtaken Na P at underage in recent years and if they keep it together, they’ll hold their own and improve at senior.

As for Mungret, they’re running out of games and are in danger of getting cut adrift along with Effin at the bottom.

1 Like

You would hope so but underage doesn’t guarantee anything . I think Na P may have peaked so I think Lk hurling in general might need another big suburban club or two to start producing good senior teams . Many of the rural clubs are really beginning to struggle .

Only one up and one down.

Limerick needs every club in the county to be producing players.

2 Likes

I know. The relegation final has been re-introduced and both of those clubs are the likeliest candidates to contest it as things stand.

Rural clubs who always despised each other are joining up just to paper over the cracks across the county.

GAA in Limerick isnt a good place at all mate.

True but particularly the urban clubs as that is where the population is now . The game is now largely a thing of the past in the west. The east struggles , ditto many clubs in the south . Numbers and lack of real promotion are real problems . Clubs in the central belt Like Adare , Croom are struggling at underage .

Strong wind and driving rain to the road goal in bruff. Mungret 3 up at ht and could have been more.
Pallas got well on top in 2nd half and could have won by 8-10. Pallas figured out pa and the mungret puckout.

Two fannings very good for pallas. Pudgie had a good 2nd half at ff. Malachy hit a few scores and a pile of wides. Owen roche and Pudgie got 1-2 apiece.

Pa carried the torch for mungret along with mullins. The midfield and other forwards coped badly with conditions

Well said.

1 Like

Didn’t see the match but tonight was a night where the conditions would suit that lot down to the ground.