Limerick GAA - Box Office

I think Monaleen will win it out but having players of that calibre coming back in will give them a real shot.

Hannigan, Lynch & the 2 O’Gormans?
Gary Egan?
Killian Phair?

Feenagh are apparently fielding a Junior B Football side again next year to prevent their players going up to Drom to kick ball. They are blaming their Hurling relegation on this.

Gary Egan’s younger brother Ross transferred from Feohanagh aswell this year

Plus gayer the keeper from feenagh. Correct on the rest but to be fair to egan he has been up there for nearly 10 years I’d say. To the best of my knowledge once they have played senior for Drom they don’t have to play for Feenagh next year!

If Feenagh register a football team they’ll be obliged to play with them by rule. All that will happen is that they’ll be automatically regraded.

No don’t think so, If they play in county final they can’t be regraded!!

You’re wrong there pal. Playing, in fact winning, a county final is only relevant if the team in question is moving to a higher grade for the following year. For a senior club you can’t be graded any higher which is why clubs submit a list of 15 players every year that played in the previous year’s championship. Drom cannot use the Feenagh players on this list as they are not members of the club and are only playing under a permission as Feenagh have no football team.

Bottom line is that if Feenagh register a football team for 2017 Dromcollogher have no claim on these players and they will be ineligible to seek a permission to play for them.

I’ve my doubts but sure we’ll have to wait and see!!

This is the key line. Those lads most likely did not transfer to drom but sought what is called “permission to play” . This permission would have been granted on the basis their own club was not fielding a team. You have to apply for this permission each year and if their own club is fielding a team then they will be refused permission to play.

Like Templederry cunts from the North Division playing Junior Football with Sean Treacys in the West Division in Tipperary.

Would they have had to play under a different name then tho??? Aka western Gaels!!!

Castlemahon have defeated Galbally in the IFC QF. Would be something of a surprise I’d imagine? They’ll now play St Senans with the winner advancing to play Adare in the final. If Castlemahon win the IFC they’ll have earned it.

In the IHC Pallas drew with Pallas in the semi final. (Pallasgreen and Kildimo-Pallaskenry).

4 Red cards in the game, 3 for Galbally.

1 Like

Senans will hammer them and adare will beat senans

1 Like

Adare are no great shakes. I saw them last year and they were useless.

Completely different outfit this year.

Different ref this time scuppered galbally. They don’t need a fussy one

This, I agree with.

Looking forward to Kilmallock and the Well tomorrow…arguably the real county final.

The two quintessential Limerick hurling teams.

2 Likes

Reckon it’ll be a cracker…hopefully anyway…the replay afterwards wouldn’t get the pulses going tbh.