Limerick GAA - Box Office

Brynes the likely only other option.

Suppose so. Not Cian anyway.

Agreed

If Nicky is still the number 1…he has to keep it.

The obvious choice…let Byrnes be for a few years.

That’s not how we do things in Limerick.

1 Like

Nicky shouldn’t be safe next year we need to look at a few options everywhere. Byrnes probably the only one guaranteed but he’s a bit young. Browne if he can get his form back would be my choice

WHat other keeper?

Agreed Nicky will be under pressure to hold on to his jersey.

Byrnes is too young and is still developing into hopefully a top class 5…would be too much on his shoulders this soon imo…not so sure if Browne is the answer either…

It’s a tough one…has to be a nailed on starter anyway obviously and we currently have v few of them…with the number of young players coming through.

1 Like

No problem with nicky captain I just feel it need to be somebody in the middle 8 that can communicate with every area of the field when necessary. Byrnes too young yet. Enough expectation on him ready. God knows what half back line midfield and half forward line we will have. If browne returned to form maybe.

Bollox to this Byrnes is too young shit. Doesn’t matter what fucking aged you are, you need someone who will lead the team through his actions on the pitch and I only saw one of those last year and that was Diarmuid Byrnes. Make him captain to fuck. Best man for the job.

2 Likes

Bias aside looking at him against Clare he was our only player to take the fight to them and show a bit of bottle,the younger lads had him as Captain for the U21 AI run aswell.

1 Like

WHat you need your captain to have is a spine. Willing to stand up and take the fight to teams. Nothing to do with age he’s a natural leader. That’s why nobody from the nap latte crew will ever be captain again.

4 Likes

No bias need. He was the only one. Head down driving forward. Took the game singled handedly to them. I don’t know the chap from Adam but he doesn’t strike me as a billy big bollox going around getting rte and newstalk gigs. The likes of byrnes, English and Nash are the future of this team. Real fucking hurlers with a bit of substance to them

2 Likes

Byrnes is a fine hurler but he will never be a man marker .

Any idea what Nash, brynes and English all have in common? I’ll give ye 3 guesses.

They didnt go to a certain school😉

1 Like

Poor @anon32894817 is still bitter he failed the entrance exams

They play hurling for Limerick?

Byrnes has massive potential. Reminds me of John Gardiner.

1 Like

They don’t like coffee?

5 Likes