Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

The Junior championship named after Christy Ring :rofl:

1 Like

Found this in the attic this evening

4 Likes

nasty post.

In general, Hegerty has huge work rate and his tackling can be OTT and he does give away alot of frees. But the ground he covers, the hooks, blocks and scores he gets is unreal.I never pictured him a forward but his hurling has come on some way since he was u21, a fucking legend. PS: Tom Morrissy was my POTY

You should know not to reply to that gobshite at this stage mate.

1 Like

He is right here though I was told years ago you wont win an AI without at least two tinkers playing.

1 Like

Shur look it, thereā€™s none so blind as those who will not see. Every team needs two tinkers and a farmer.

Then 8 students, 7 primary school teachers, 2 working in the bank and 10 in sales of some sort

1 Like

And usually 1 bollox that decides that he needs to be a full time hurler so gives up his job :rollseyes: Thankfully I donā€™t think weā€™ve any of those, I doubt Kiely would entertain such shite

Didnā€™t he take a break from his own job? I remember Richie Hogan and Lee Chin, was there others?

Who? Kiely? Pretty sure he didnā€™t.

Chin never had a ā€œjobā€ did he?

Wasnā€™t he cutting hair and working in a restaurant?
Sorry @Breaking_my_balls , I probably mixed him up with Derek McGrath

That Coughlan chap is meant to have impressed in the few trainings heā€™s had with the senior squad. Wasnā€™t he hurling with crecora on the way up? Coughlan is a fairly common name in Ballybrown so maybe thatā€™s the link? Himself and o neill would surely have been on the same crecora underage teams? Some going for such a small club to produce two fellas on the senior panel even if one has moved on.

Is paddy oloughlin gone off the squad?

Yep he is gone off it.

He transferred to Ballybrown around 14 when the family moved, his father hurled with them. Himself and CON are best friends, and yes both started together at Crecora.

3 Likes

Coughlan has serious talent but would have struck me as a kind of a passive sort of a youngfella. If you could get him going youd have a serious yoke

1 Like

With richie english and mike casey coming back hes probably looking at dan or barry Nash coming back out to wing back and heā€™d probably be 3rd or 4th in the queue

Appears heā€™s catching pigeons on the gallops from what Iā€™ve heard anyway for all they couldnā€™t have trained much so far.

1 Like

Iā€™d be very slow to break up the nash, Morrissey and Finn full back line.

I thought in 2019 our full back line was exposed by Kilkenny. Casey, English and Finn are extremely good players but maybe as a unit they are all a bit too similar to be picked together.

Morrissey adds a lot of height and is very good in aerial duels. Iā€™d be surprised to see him moved from three. Heā€™s well able to go toe to toe with any target man type in the country.

Nash adds a lot of pace and a good bit hurling too which is something we lacked in 2019.

I think English and Casey will find it very hard to get back in unless somebodies form tails off or theres injuries.