Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Iā€™d nearly look at getting Kyle Hayes back in the forwards. He is a massive threat for a goal and weā€™re lacking that.

Iā€™d agree about Dan. Maybe richie English to corner, barry to the wing and kyle to centre forward?

Again Iā€™d be surprised if kyles moved from half back. He was very dominant there last year and in a sort of unorthodox season this year there might not be too much experimentation from limerick.

Kiely has switched it up every year kind of. Heā€™ll shake it up a little bit again Iā€™d say to get a small bit more

Itā€™d nearly make sense to move Kyle forward again because itā€™d be ridiculous the level of some of our backs on the bench. I think heā€™ll stay at wing back though. Heā€™s insanely good there and goals are going to come off his bombing runs forward. I donā€™t think Casey gets enough credit for how good a full back he is and I donā€™t think Morrissey was tested at all last year, so Iā€™d expected Casey to come back in but itā€™s probably too soon for Casey this season. Still totally unconvinced by Nash at corner back, Iā€™d love to see him back in the forwards, heā€™d be some impact sub. I think heā€™s unlikely to get gametime in the backs unless Hayes moves forward again and if so itā€™s a waste because heā€™s brilliant to watch. Probably wishful thinking that heā€™d be moved forward again though.

The only thing about Casey is that the timeframe of his recovery will probably be similar to Englishā€™s last year, in that heā€™ll only just be returning to the pitch, and the team may be settled already.

I canā€™t really see any situation where English doesnā€™t start, heā€™s just a class player. I donā€™t know what will happen with Nash, I would have presumed heā€™d return to wing-back. What happened with Kyle last year was what they had originally planned with Nash. Kyle could return to the forwards maybe, but it was very effective last year. Teams will come up with some sort of solution to stop him galloping up the wing though.

The full back jersey is now Morrisseyā€™s until such time as he struggles.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve seen some saying be a tussle between nash and English for corner back. Cant see it, miles apart.

Though it didnā€™t happen, Nash was a bit of a bomb scare waiting to go off due to his positioning and drive to get up the field I thought. English is just rock solid, you never have to worry about any of that and his reading means his one weakeness youā€™d think could be exploited, pace, rarely gets tested repeatedly.

He is so assured and competent, canā€™t see Nash getting near selection ahead of him come championship

3 Likes

Nash will be a forward this year :grinning:

Maybe back to (sub) wing backā€¦ depends what the plan for Kyle is.

Nashā€™s utility is one of those cases that works as well for him as goes against him. Can play anywhere well but not exactly master of one

he will end up an all star at the end of the year

In three different positions

another all star in the bag at the end of the year

Nash for goals, Quaid for CB and Hannon to CF

Nash is actually a decent shot stopper :open_mouth:

Tis in the genes sure

weā€™re falling down with forwards as well - I donā€™t think Nash would have an easier time of it getting in to the forwards by any stretch.

Kiely seems to be fairly adamant that if you have the jersey and youā€™re playing well you keep it. I donā€™t think Nash has done anything to warrant losing it. If a fella comes in during the league and takes it off him then fair enough.

I think Hayes could be moved back to the forwards, Kiely seemed to struggle filling a half forward line last year - he changed it up most days

The main takeaway is we should have multiple options to solve multiple problems. If weā€™re getting exploiting for pace in the corner, send Nash in. If the full back line in struggling aerially, get Morrissey in. If the half forward line is struggling, move Kyle up instead of bringing in Reidy.

Unlikely Kiely will ever get to pick from a full hand anyway

The Nash/Hayes 4/7 combination was one of the most incredible Iā€™ve seen in a long tine.

The two of them creating overlaps and galloping forward was like hurling from the 22nd century. Yeā€™d be mad to change it.

A pity there was no-one there to see it.

Funny, in all my time in Limerick and all the schools Iā€™ve been in I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever come across a Coughlan up here.
Is it pronounced Cocklin?

1 Like