Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Yes it’s pronounced correctly in Limerick

18 Likes

Yes.

Plenty of them floating about.

Is it just the Cork City folks pronounce it Cawlin?

Nash gave away a lot of frees in the first two games but settled after that. Although, both Waterford and Galway, at times, withdrew men which left him free which played right into his hands.

No doubt Nash has more natural hurling than most backs.

I wouldn’t say English is slow though, he’s not a flyer but he can definitely move and is well capable of holding a quick forward. Striking off his weak side is English’s biggest weakness imo.

Totally agree. Nash is far better on the ball but you want English in your full back line any day.

I wouldn’t want to be the lad tasked with trying to stop Hayes galloping anywhere.

double on that wing and leave Diarmaid and Hego on the other side :smiley:

Big Josh Ryan a notable omission.

1 Like

He was better for Doon last year than two of them on the panel

Has the size, but not the mobility for Kiely would be my reading of it

I’ve never heard of any up here,

It’s all over Cork County, I know Jamie from Newtown was a Cawlin,

Cofflin in the US

You’re not looking in the right places.

A lot of teams will only play with two man full forward line against limerick I reckon so it’s good to have somebody like nash as a potential free man who’s good on the ball and plenty of pace. Sometimes when a player like Mike Casey or Richie English is left as the spare man they are like ducks out of water.

Teams won’t want to give up 10 points a game to Hegarty and Morrissey so might set up differently. Could be more opportunities to go for goals if opposition are trying to limit space on the wings

Update on Casey

And in new panel members

Cawlin is a very english way of pronouncing Coughlan.

Quelle surprise

1 Like

A draw and two losses from our opening three games isn’t ideal. The discipline seems to be all over the shop and that’s not a good sign. It needs to be sorted ASAP.

It’s very difficult to know what’s going behind the scenes with training and what not but not too many of our players seems to be in very good form for whatever reason.

I can’t see any of the lads who’ve been given a chance in recent weeks starting ahead of the 2018-2020 bunch and that’s probably the most disappointing aspect.

1 Like

Very fair assessment

No harm to dampen down expectations anyway

It was to be expected really.

Fuckin useless. Cark left Waterford for dead. Drive for 5? Worse than Tipp.