Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Croagh/Kilfinny 1-20 Feenagh/Kilmeedy 1-16

Jack Lenihan’s superb individual goal just after the second water break was key and gave C/K a six point cushion. Due to a clash of colours, Feenagh togged out in white/blue while C/K lined out in the yellow & green of their neighbours Cappagh, but it didn’t detract from their winning streak.

C/K will play the winners of Croom v Kilmallock who were supposed to play in the South League Final tonight. Game postponed until next weekend at earliest.

1 Like

Seamus has turned ye inside out :clap:

The whole club is unrecognisable from the that of 7/8 years back. There’s an almost professional level of commitment and work ethic there now that never existed until recently. Just to watch the pre-match warmup, it’s like watching an inter county setup such is the intensity. Seamus is driving that on no doubt but all the players have bought into it. One swallow never made a summer and all that.

The club could do with finding a sponsor for an alternate set of jerseys

That cunt would charge you to wear them

Good to see they can play finals against a white/blue combination now and not be confused.

You’re giving Seamie far too much credit there.

I would think Chris Sexton the coach has a lot to do with that. Plus the raft of players that came through together about 3 years ago, like Jack and Barry Lenihan etc

I tipped C/K for the County Junior last year before it started and I think I’ll have a nibble at them to win the Intermediate out this year. There isn’t a whole lot up there to be honest and very little difference between top 6 Junior sides and the majority of Intermediate sides, and I think C/K are strong going up

2 Likes

Those triumvirate of games in that group are going to be sporting highlight this autumn/winter.

C/K v Feohanagh
C/K v Knockaderry
Feohanagh v Knockaderry

Na Piarsaigh look to be the strongest team in the division but there’s always the possibility they’ll lose bodies to their senior team.

1 Like

Your own crew, Team GB, Na Piarsaigh and Bruree would be the 3 strongest sides in the grade by looks of it. CK won’t be far off any of them if they’ve a full deck to pick from

1 Like

Bruree are hopeless and getting worse. They’re heading for Junior A, if anything.

1 Like

Saw them last year, they had brought a lot of young lads into the team. Agreed they’re on the slide but they should be fairly competitive at lower intermediate for a few years yet

Croagh/Kilfinny 1-25 Croom 1-19 (AET)
in the Intermediate League County Semi Final tonight, played in basking sunshine in Mick Neville Park.

C/K again wore the Cappagh colours tonight, and should have won the game inside normal time, having twice surrendered a five point lead. Jack Lenihan doing untold damage and taking plenty punishment from the Croom biys for his efforts.

C/K to play Ballybricken/Bohermore in the final in Clarina on Thursday night.

6 Likes

Ye are flying kid

1 Like

A linesman for the match, wtf like?

1 Like

They didn’t even have a second linesman for the West League Final last Saturday week to begin with. They must have asked about 20 people if they’d do it, yours truly included. They eventually got someone to do it just before throw-in. I had no intention of paying the West Board my ten euros for the privilege of match officiating.

3 Likes

Also learned yesterday that one of our best players Andrew Meade, probably our second best forward after Jack Lenihan, broke his ankle while playing for Ballingarry AFC during the week :triumph::triumph::triumph: @dodgy_keeper

Fuckin soccer!!!

1 Like

Result from Ballybrown in the County Intermediate Hurling League Final:

Croagh Kilfinny :large_blue_circle::white_circle: 2-17
Ballybricken/Bohermore :purple_circle::yellow_circle: 1-11

Croagh led 1-11 to 0-4 at the break, backed by a stiff breeze that they used to great effect. B/B didn’t use it to the same effect in second half, and were guilty of some bad wides. A burst of 1-2 inside 5 minutes around the 50 minute mark effectively sealed the game for C/K. B/B got a consolation goal with the last puck of the game. Jack Lenihan man of the match again scoring 1-11 (we think). Dan McGuire at 13 looked lively for Ballybricken but didn’t get enough of a supply.

Credit to ref David Deady he referred it reasonably well.

8 Likes

Ye are on the up kid if only we could say the same about Forest🤦‍♂️