Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Forest are there to bring me back down to earth. Lest I get a swelled head from my hurling teams successes.

1 Like

My few predictions. Few tough ones there that could end in draws but I didn’t sit on the fence anywhere

Thursday 2nd September

Senior
Blackrock v South Liberties

Junior
Killeedy v Staker Wallace

Friday 3rd September

Senior
Adare v Monaleen

Premier Intermediate
Mungret/St Paul’s v Murroe/Boher
Bruff v Glenroe

Junior
Ahane v Garryspillane
Templeglantine v Caherline
Old Christians v Ballybricken/Bohermore

Saturday 4th September

Senior
Na Piarsaigh v Kilmallock

Premier Intermediate
Knockainy v Cappamore

Intermediate
Bruree v Tournafulla
Croom v Pallasgreen
Feohanagh v Croagh/Kilfinny

Junior
Claughaun v Ballybrown
Rathkeale v Castletown/Ballyagran

Sunday 5th September

Senior
Patrickswell v Doon

Premier Intermediate
Newcastle West v Dromin/Athlacca

Intermediate
Na Piarsaigh v Effin

Junior
Askeaton v Monaleen
St Patrick’s v Monagea
Patrickswell v Mungret/St Paul’s
Doon v Feenagh/Kilmeedy
Kilteely/Dromkeen v St Kieran’s
Dromcollogher/Broadford v Crecora/Manister

2 Likes

Apologies @Copper_pipe

I’m going off Crecoras decent enough displays last year when they were without the injured Cathal O’Neill. Adding him in after a year on the Senior Panel means I think they’ll turn a few teams over. Drom have great experience in freezing a lot of good forwards out of games though, like Paudie Ahern last year for Killeedy, so no better team to have a plan for him. It’s one that could end in a draw but I plumped for Crecora based on CON frees and the fact they weren’t too far off ye last year before ye pulled away near the end

Why Doon over the well mate? Patrickswell’s county players far stronger than doon’s, are doon’s supporting cast that much better? I wouldn’t have thought so but haven’t seen enough club games in recent years to know.

I fancy Doon this year. The breakthrough will happen eventually, it’s a matter of time only. I think Adam English is a huge addition to their forward line. Quilty on the line with them is a plus too, he’s fairly tuned in

1 Like

Edit- wrong topic.

Take away the 3 top lads and the Well aren’t great . Doon will be far more balanced

That said Doon might need to be six better to win by 1

1 Like

The Well know how to win matches.

1 Like

They do . That said I would not be in the least bit surprised if Doon win as the Well will be in semi final anyways barring a huge shock.

Na P the team to beat but if they are off beam the Well likeliest to take advantage .

Don’t mind the Gaelic Grounds, the biggest game this weekend takes place in Newcastle tomorrow night:

Feohanagh/Castlemahon vs Croagh/Kilfinny
Seamus Flanagan vs Jack Lenihan

Can’t wait.

6 Likes

Can anyone tell me how to join the other Limerick GAA forum. Please. I can’t find it when I look for it but I’ve been told it’s there. Thanks.

https://tfk.thefreekick.com/t/limerick-gaa-2021-hurling-s-greatest/32562/5111

This one?

Ya, that’s the one. It keeps saying the page doesn’t exist.

That’s only for die hard born and bred Limerick supporters. You need to get a special invite to the members area. I’ve been in Limerick over thirty years and I haven’t got an invite yet. It’s not for blow-ins and Glibert Sandy types unfortunately.

Well I tick that box anyway. So how do I get invited to the group? I joined the forum to read about Limerick GAA affairs and can’t see the posts. Quite annoying.

1 Like

Post a video of you singing Limerick, You’re a Lady at the top of your lungs and I will speak with the elders.

1 Like

Hahahaha. I will yeahhhhhhhh!!

1 Like

PM a lad called @chocolatemice.

1 Like

It’s set to clique… @Rocko or @Bandage might grant you access to threads set to clique.

Who’s your club?