Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Well said flatty, though can’t see my county honestly beating them for a while,but KK/ Tipperary/ Waterford and Galway could.

And he didn’t even watch the final.

Colin Ryan was getting stuck into the afters with the toe of the hurl. Very lucky to stay on the field IMHO.

That is a way of saying hello out in Pallasgrean.
If it was a half serious row the hurley would have met the Wexford lad straight between the eyes.

1 Like

Remember that question you asked me last Sunday evening??

I don’t to be honest. Edit, oh I do now. We need the quality posters to steer things back on topic pal.

David Dempsey didn’t look as if he was involved much bar the goal chance on Sunday. If Kyle’s back for Tipp he may not get another chance

:rollseyes:

Thanks for the heads up.

Little enough in it. By the letter of the law, based on some previous reds (thinking Tobin back in '15 here) he could have gone, but it was always going to be the instigators, Flanagan & Liam Ryan, that would see the line.

It was the first one. Himself and Condon went for the same ball, Condon at least made an attempt afterwards to get back and cover, but Morrissey was only trotting back. Morrissey was also kind of caught out for the second one when he dove in to make the block and McDonald diddled him with a ball over the head to create the opening. Again, he was trotting back when everyone else was chasing.

Had a good game overall mind, but is liable to have the odd brain fart alright.

The Limousin cattle of the hurling world, fucking hell you lads are crazy, a nonsense league game in January :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I just saw someone getting all worked up online about LK getting a few lads on the GAA Team of the Week.
It’s absolutely glorious how excited they get.

While I think there may be a slight tongue in cheek aspect to @flattythehurdler’s inputs, I would be firmly of a different opinion. I think Limerick, although deserved AI champions, were very lucky in 2018. I don’t believe in soft all Irelands, but some teams can get a rub of the green more than others. Tipp and Waterford essentially took the year off, Cork pissed away a winning position in the SF, and Galway were fucked from the winter of celebrations, injuries, and two hard fought semi-finals.

Limerick will have the same problems in 2019 that Galway had last year, I would be worried that Kiely isn’t using the league to give panel members game time when the inevitable injuries set in. That was Donoghue’s mistake last year, not having players he could trust to replace those injured. If they haven’t seen plenty inter county action, even if it’s only the league, you can’t throw them into the team in August.

I watched the Limerick Wexford game last night, and I’d be very worried if I were a Limerick fan. I know it’s only January, but the signs are there of lads who did serious wintering. Limerick won last year due to their athleticism and work rate, it certainly wasn’t their hurling as outside of Cian Lynch there are very few actual pure hurlers on that team, a lot of big awkward lads who will struggle as the year goes on.

Tipp and Waterford will be the top two in Munster this year I think, with Cork and Clare fighting for the 3rd spot. This Limerick team might win another AI, but it’s unlikely to be in 2019.

2 Likes

First question, what’s a pure hurler, in your definition?

Lock the thread we cant argue with that. We can resume on August 19th to talk about our prospects for 2020.

1 Like

Cian Lynch wouldn’t be a pure hurler imho. A fine player but an average ball striker .

You were motoring along nicely till the Waterford bit,

Waterford will surprise a lot of people this year.

Someone who has mastery of all the skills of the game, and doesn’t just rely on size and athleticism.

Like Declan Hannon? Peter Casey? Richie English, Tom Morrissey?