Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Yeah, the moment against Clare was crazy. Iā€™m all for standing up for your teammates but you can do that without getting an obvious red card.

A warrior though and in a tight, physical game, he stands out.

I thought heā€™d need an oxygen mask after that gallop away up the field and the pop to Peter Casey. I was hoping heā€™d take a score himself, Jesus, it would have been a beaut

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m saying. It takes some players a lot longer to get fit than others. All the players come back the same night but Iā€™d bet hego was flying again within a week. Could take another three months to get there. Absolutely nothing wrong with this at all. Itā€™s natural.

We have until May for fellas to peak.

Iā€™m sure Dowling was fit enough for 20 minutes against Wexford. Absolutely not a doubt about it.

I donā€™t get what your point is here

In the past, he 100% would have gone for the score himself. And he may have scored it but the pass was definitely the right choice for maximising the scoring opportunity.

I was delighted with it.

My point is kiely knows how-to drive him on. It drives the Dow mental he isnā€™t involved so heā€™ll be motivated more in training for the games that count. Every time heā€™s dropped or isnā€™t involved he tends to come back better. Iā€™ve made it very clear. You and glas tried to make it into a personal agenda as usual. Iā€™ve added in that if Dowling is as fit as he is all ireland day cone the start of championship I actually think heā€™ll start in the half forward line.

I was delighted and surprised. He was running away from a pack of Wexicans. Some going for the miles he has on the clock to have a burst like that. He was first out a lot of the time as well.

Condon is well suited to do a job on a lad you need to be out in front of.

Condon, though looking slightly overweight, looked to be zipping around the last day spritely enough. He could see a lot of game time back there in the league if management donā€™t feel Costello, Oā€™Brien, Connolly, Lyons or Oā€™Meara are ready yet. Of all those options I reckon the Askeaton man is the closest to getting a go. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him involved this Saturday night.

I also think Dowling could start at 11 this weekend.

This is the statement you made as to why he wasnā€™t brought on.

Iā€™m not making anything an agenda. Iā€™m asking you questions as to why you think Dowling wasnā€™t brought on. This was your first answer. Now you are saying Kiely wants to keep him motivated by not bringing him on in games in the winter. Dangerous game that, only so many times you can go to that well

1 Like

I do think Condon is better than his competitors, and has always been good attacking the ball. But once or twice when he got turned, he didnā€™t look like recovering. I think thatā€™s where he falls down, and sometimes he attacks balls he shouldnā€™t.

Yes motivating him in training so he works harder and gets fitter quicker. I think youā€™ve no understanding for team sport tbh. As Iā€™ve clearly stated it takes some players longer than others to get fitter. Iā€™m not going to engage in this any further as per usual you tried to turn it into a personal issue.

As Donal Oā€™Grady said of him on the Sunday Game ā€œHe has a lot of his work done before the ball comes inā€!

1 Like

where have I done that?

So far the only personal comment has been from yourself saying I have no understanding of team sports, because I said Dowling was fit enough for 20 minutes in a league match.

Look, if you canā€™t debate a matter, fuck off and donā€™t be making points you canā€™t substantiate.

2 Likes

Would you be a big fan of Donal O Grady?

I was surprised WOM wasnā€™t on the bench at the weekend when Costello & Oā€™Brien were. Kiely hasnā€™t tended to do wholesale changes from game to game in either of his 2 seasons in charge, even on the bench.

Iā€™d be surprised if there were more than 3 changes. Dowling is a possibility at 11, particularly in the absence of Hayes & Reidy.

Hayes is back training and available for selection.

So the rumors werent true?

Cork one or Ballingarry one?

The other one.

If youā€™d moved back to limerick like we told you , youā€™d be out every night celebrating now. You wouldnā€™t be bored at all.

1 Like