Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

And the two Oola boys

Word from the camp is Downes is starting at 14 against Tipp

Limerick by 10

There would be a certain amount of logic to that. You’d think him or Pat Simon are the like for like replacements from those who were on the bench the last day. Murphy would mean Gillane at 14 and a different style, Dowling is also a different style.

If that’s true it’s a huge opportunity for him. Hope he takes it.

It’s a great sign tha fellas you’d expect to drift from the panel are making an incredible effort to get back in. Downes a case in point. Wasn’t mapped in Munster last year

We’re copying Cork and rolling back the years to 2013. Condon starting last weekend, Downes this weekend. Wayne Mac will be in at 6 for Hannon by the end of the league.

Wasn’t he injured for Munster last year??

Have no fear of that me oul pal, the semi is yere level.

Hugs, kisses etc.

1 Like

Pretty sure he came back in with the rest of the nap crowd. First game was cork in the semi almost sure. Don’t think he played a single minute last year for limerick.

Correct, was available from day 1 when the Nap players returned. Hasn’t played since 2016 I think, missed all of '17

For now any thing else is a bonus😎never know though

Ah my bad @anon32894817

Delighted if true that Downes is starting Sat night . If he regains his form of a number of years ago and confidence he will be a massive addition. I see somebody earlier commenting on Limerick lads being just big lumps , not able to hurl. I’d like that lad to front up Hegarty and say that to him. His flick to Richie halfway through the second half under fierce pressure against Wexford was absolute class , and not the mark of a lump of a hurler.

4 Likes

We’ve the best lump of hurlers in the world at the moment

Hegarty is hugely skilful but because he’s quite gangly, people just assume he’s awkward and he will never be a fashionable hurler as a result.

There was a score he got against Cork last year which was just unreal, DOD played a low ball across the centre to him, he showed a claaaass first touch to flick it up and then pointed.

1 Like

“you’ll never make a forward out of hegarty” “hegarty hasn’t the speed of striking for intercounty hurling” “arra he’s only a junior player”

Hon Hegarty boy :ronnyroar:

10 Likes

I for one didn’t believe that he could become as good as he has, I freely admit that. I never believed his hurling could be quick enough. He fucking showed me! What a player to have, he’s an animal for work and some man to win ball. Pulls off a great flash of skill in almost every game and always chips in with a score or two. A beast :muscle:

2 Likes

Because Hegarty is all limbs, it appears he is moving slower than he actually is. Even when he is running, it looks like he is just lumbering along, but he’s actually leaving everyone in his wake.

Long stride. Hes very clever how he uses his strength too. He’ll lean into a defender while running and push off to get room for the strike, he does this on the run. He goes looking for contact at times to do it.

1 Like