Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

I can accept all that except the fat part - Iā€™m at 12% body fat.

Thereā€™s a club manager in Laois after getting 5 figures for the upcoming year

2 Likes

Youā€™d get it handy enough.

Youā€™d do 70 sessions in the year handy, ā‚¬125 a pop.

The way heā€™s done it is, he gave the figure up Front, thatā€™s it for the year lads. Take it or leave it. Itā€™s 20 odd grand I believe. And thereā€™s no more fucking chance of them winning a championship either. Mad shit.

:grinning:

Fair play if you can get it.
Have been in the situation before where youā€™d agree x a night but with the maximum pot capped.

1 Like

Sure if he asked for 5K youā€™d have second thoughts if he was any good. He must be really good to ask for 20K.

Casey played Fitzgibbon during the week makes sense to rest him. Boylan is a surprise. Good bit of experimenting in that team. Good to see.

Byrnes + Dempsey played also - all were taking off at half time as LIT were pissing all over Trinity.

I dunno, his record at intercounty management would be sketchy to say the least.

If he dosent rate himself highly than no one else will. There some apes to give it to him. Then again you can promise him the money. A promise dosent cost anything if you dont mind being a cunt.

If hes any clue heā€™ll be getting installments up front on the first of every month. It isnt the sort of country Iā€™d like to be going to looking for 10ā€™s of thousands after Portlaoise have hammered 7 shades of shite out of you.

1 Like

I heard a story of this happening to a small club on the Clare/Limerick border. Paying a fella a small fortune, they got 7 shades of shite bate out of them early in the championship and his first order of business on the Monday was looking for the installment. Errr, yeah, weā€™ll get that to you

1 Like

Gillane played for Mary I during the week; Power, Nash & Murphy all started for UL, Kyle & Lyons came on as subs.

And BOC was back for the guards.

1 Like

Gillane played this week too.

I stuck my kneck out last year and said boylan would a top class inter county forward. I know his form wasnā€™t great last year but Iā€™ve a feeling heā€™ll be really suited to inter county hurling. It suits players more than and others and I think heā€™ll thrive.

Good to see things getting freshened up this week. I was worried last week Kiely was going to keep his strongest side out all year, but I suppose it was important to start with a win and that gives a bit of space for experimenting now. One more win would probably see us stay up and no need to give Tipp the full experience just yet. Iā€™d probably make Tipp favourites having seen that team though.

Downes is the really interesting one. I hope for his sake it goes well, heā€™s been soldiering away in the background with no reward for a long time now. He gives a different option in attack as well. When he first came through he looked like he was going to be our go to man at FF for the next decade, hopefully he can show some of that old flair again.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no relegation this year, you utter clownshoe of a man.

6 Likes

there actually is relegation. But the new structure of the league means 1B and 1A will have the same number of strong teams.

Itā€™s still a fairly strong team, again itā€™s only really Lynch and Casey away from full-strength from those available. Kyle is just back.

Be interesting to see how Tipp approach it too.

On reflection Iā€™d like to have seen a few changes in the backs. Sure we all know barring injury that 1-7 will be the same come championship. Casey will come back in to full back and Finn to corner. Fair enough playing Condon - he will probably be first man in for the full back line. We seriously need to blood new full back line players. Outside of Condon we have fuck all. Bodgie is out long term. Iā€™d like to see Oā€™Meara or Costelloe get game time.