Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I’d say there will be a move now. A lot of people not happy with the style of play this year.

Mike Mac kicks a great point to put them 6 up again.

Aodhan O’Connor sent off for a second yellow; actually could have got a straight red on first viewing, looked high on Jamie Lee. Threw the ball on the prone Lee then.

The champions are out!!!

Adare 1-7 Newcastlewest 2-10 FT

4 Likes

A massive, massive win for us. Delighted

2 Likes

What stream was that?

Limerick GAA Facebook, same as the Premier semis yesterday.

Just back from LITGG and Mick Neville Park.

A long day.

If Na Piarsaigh were to be knocked off their perch today was the day. No Dowling, no Peter Casey, Lynch sent off and most of the second half with 14 men, Downes barely pucked a ball, Adrian Breen very quiet by his usual club standards, David Dempsey only in and out of it, Alan Dempsey only coming on as a sub and looked off the pace - but they still won.

I’m calling it now - they’ll win 5-in-a-row minimum. O’Donoghue really stepped up for them today when the need was greatest. Grimes really good too.

A few Kilmallock heads were bulling walking out at the end. The ploy of Mul at midfield was puzzling. When it was clear it wasn’t working they had to shift him inside. Crazy to leave him out there.

If the red card is upheld and P Casey isn’t back it definitely gives The ‘Well a punchers chance but Na P look just to have too much all over. Joy and Costello were really good and I just think The ‘Well full backline is a bit weaker than Kilmallock’s.

I’d love to see Ciaran win it as gaffer but unlikely IMO.

In the football Adare coughed up 1-03 in short kick outs and that was the difference. Better team won. Adare battled back after being 9 down at one stage but couldn’t ever get within four. Ref did well overall but Adare avoided about three stonewall black cards in the first half. Mike Mc will never retire, some servant to them. Stephen Kelly mustn’t be far off 40? Jamesie, a non playing sub, was put outside the wire by Donnacha O’Callaghan for mouthing!

Heard Griffins beat Claughaun in intermediate football.

Second football semi final on Friday night and both intermediate hurling semi finals next weekend. That horrible time of the year when the evenings are getting shorter and the playing season is drawing to a close.

Went to Supermacs on the Ennis Road and took me a minute to cop it’s not actually Supermacs anymore!

10 Likes

Joy is surely worth a look for limerick. We are thin on the ground for full backs. Likewise grimes should be looked at in the half back line.

2 Likes

Stephen is 36 as far as I’m aware

He played international rules in 03 so must be all off it.

Be the same go as myself 36/37

Why aren’t the likes of woulfe on for kilmalock? Meant to be a good prospect.

He’s been around a fair while. He’s 36 alright, but mad that he’s only won 1 senior title for us. This will be his 6th county final, 5th in the decade

Stack has a fair record now. That’s 3 teams hes taken to finals. Hopefully he makes it to the sideline for this one :smirk:

John O’Halloran reffing the 'Well and Na Piarsaigh final.
Johnny Murphy reffing K/P and Blackrock final.

1 Like

I’d rate O’Halloran as probably the best ref in the county (hope I don’t jinx him now). Good appointment.

Think he did a few games in the Munster minor championship this year.

1 Like

Did Kilmallock even make one sub today?

Jamie wall apparently a master tactician and leaves mulcahy midfield for 60 minutes. Crazy.

1 Like

Adare have been getting away with black card fouls for the past 4 seasons. Masters at it

Interesting that so many nap players did not shine. A guide for the new senior panel

What’s your problem you stupid cunt?