Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

It was the thing you were trying to win by entering the Last Man Standing :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

:astonished:

Fuck :joy::joy:

Remember the old chipped tv boxes? - it’s a 21st century of that.

I’d say the entire population of Kilfinane & Ardpatrick were in Kilmallock yesterday, they make some amount of noise. Even earlier in the year, when they were struggling to get wins, the supporters really seemed to believe that this is their year.

They seem to love Quilty and the team are easy to get behind, they work very hard and never give in. They seem to have a very good awareness of their own strengths and weaknesses, which is always a good trait.

Just they were in a relegation final last year and possibly lucky to stay up. Now they’re in a county final, having the demolished the bookie’s favourites in a semi-final! That’s progress.

Having said all that, Mungret were septic. Had no idea how to play against the wind, a total collapse in the second half.

It’s the curtain raiser to the senior final on Sunday week, isn’t it?

Would be a huge headache if either match ends in a draw. I think the squad are off to Sandy Lane a few days after.

Don’t forget Munster championship either.

Have five spare tickets for the jungle fundraiser if anybody needs them.

In hurling this year across the championships have many players played that would have played in the 90s? I presume o sheas from garryspillane father hurled in the 90s. Niall Moran maybe too. There’s probably loads.

Niall Moran would have been like 16 in 99. Was he playing senior that young?

I’m not sure but he easily could have back then.

Ahane won the county in 99. If he was playing he didn’t score in the final according to wiki. The 90s are a long time ago now, I’d be surprised if there were many in the senior championship hurling then. Maybe a few down the ranks alright

Just watching back Na Piarsaigh game now and a couple of questions.

When is Jerome Boylan due back and will the Dow be right for January?

According to wiki he played with ahane in 99 but I’m not certain.

The bould donie Ryan is another

If you count Junior B, there’s probably plenty. For first teams, off the top of my head:

Adrian Garvey & John Chawke (Kildimo/Pallaskenry)
Donie & Dave Ryan (Garryspillane)
Gearoid & Eoin O’Leary and Paul Neenan (Dromin/Athlacca)

Niall Moran might have. Donal O’Grady & Clancy from Granagh/Ballingarry?

Would Mike Mac be old enough? (I actually have no idea what age he is)
Mike Weekes from Bruff, what age is he?
Davy Laing?

There’s probably a few others.

1 Like

A few of the croom lads ?

Niall Moran came on as a sub in the 99 Final as a 16 year old. I was at it.

I’m almost certain Brian Murray came on corner forward as a sub the same year earlier in the campaign for The Well if memory serves me right.

Lucey and Riordan for Croom surely would have? The Cahills also.

Mike McMahon of NCW is 34, max 35. Stephen Nix is the same go

1 Like

Murray would only be 15 so unlikely.

Neenan is probably the oldest of the lot. He was a Limerick minor in 94.