Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Na P recent “bad years “ would be the envy of most clubs

Pwell are struggling for underage teams badly now too. That’s the case around the county. Nap will ride most things out. With two primary schools and a secondary school it’ll always be an attractive area to live in.

NAP 2/9 to win it versus the Well is very short if they have Dowling (injured), Peter Casey (injured) and Ronan Lynch (suspended). Is Peter Casey going to be back for the final or is he out medium term?

Those facts don’t suit his petty narrative and agenda though.

Aren’t you from the area would you broadly agree or disagree?

Casey is back and possible Lynch gets cleared too.

1 Like

You are correct, it is an old neighborhood and the numbers turning up for Saturday morning dropped off a cliff in recent years. The club appears to be redoubling efforts with the younger ages though.

It isn’t an agenda. Nap have serious resources at their door step not available to many other clubs. It isn’t a compliment or a criticism. It’s just a fact.

Yeah but i didn’t say Patrickswell are the team to replace them. Sure Patrickswell have never been a great bastion at underage anyway but they always have top senior teams. Demographics would say that Monaleen and Mungret would be the two with huge upside to become the next Na Piarsigh and take their spot. The likes of Ahane i wouldn’t be surprised if they came back to the top too in the next 10-15yrs, good catchment area and tradition there and surely some of their 90s players will have sons on the way up now soon.

Mungret are the team to replace them.
They will be the next super power.

I assume that resource you mention is population but as the man from the area said to back up my point is it is a very old neighbourhood and that advantage of population of young players is dropping off fast.

No guarantees there kid

You are wrong here smart. The well won 3 21s in the 90s. They won two minor titles in 07 and 08. Haven’t won either sense. Pwell have three inter county players of the highest caliber. They’ll struggle to replace them. The supporting cast is getting weaker around them too. They’ll decline much quicker imo than nap.

They seem to be doing the hard work at underage to be fair. It’s not coming through yet but it will.

Patrickswell was always a small enough parish that relied on a few families to produce players. I don’t see anything drastically changing there in the next 20 years. They have never been a power house underage, yes they’ll win sporadically but not much, but over the years they’ve always found a few gems regardless.

Very like Ballyhale in the regard

So i’m kind of right really that Patrickswell have never been any serious shakes at underage? Save for the odd sporadic win? But that’s not what really sustained them anyway. They’re like the inverse of Doon.

They will take time . However if people are expecting another Na p that probably won’t happen. They need to start backboning underage teams . I think monaleen could be better placed . They meet in u16 final on Sunday

Hasn’t actually played Championship, not far away though, still going strong.

1 Like

No. Their proximity to the Gaelic grounds means nap now can easily fundraise vast amounts of money fairly easily other clubs struggle to. The Limerick hurlers will now have two championship games in the Gaelic grounds every year, plus the odd qualifier and it hosted mayo/Galway too plus the odd concert maybe in the future maybe mean nap are going to cash in hugely with their bar and parking facilities. Not to mind league games too. It takes massive pressure off their club. You also have are scoil dis. Every lad in naps catchment area is entitled to go to school in ard scoil ris I believe . So if he’s good at hurling or interested he’ll get seriously high quality coaching in school. A kid in say patrickswell isn’t guaranteed to get accepted so it’s quite possible they’ll end up in crook or another school where there is no hurling. It’s another huge advantage for them. They are apparently paying their manager a 100 quid a night this year. I presume that’s 300 quid a week. Most clubs simply can’t afford that bar Mungret and Monaleen. Naps catchment area is every expanding too. So I don’t believe they’ll have a lot less numbers. The two Casey’s, downing, hen, Ronan Lynch, wod, Dempsey x 2 and the boylans could all easily be around in 7/8 years time.