Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I’d say he’s getting a lot more than that. Fellas who’ve no CV would be getting €100

7 Likes

Since 03 patrickswell have won one senior county championship. That’s a terrible return for them along one minor and no 21. The likely hood of them replacing 3 inter county players is highly unlikely. They are only going on way currently.

As I sad the money available to nap at their door step and easily collected in cash isn’t availed to any other clubs really.

There’s no way Mick Church is coming down for only a hundred a night.

I could nearly dupe a club into paying me that :joy:

Thought it was common knowledge Mick Ryan is on 250 a night.

Fanning probably 150 id say

There’s lads at intermediate (third level of club hurling) on €100 a night and more.

As an All Ireland winner with one of the wealthiest clubs around he’d surely be on much more than that. (All legitimate mileage expenses of course)

I’m not so sure on that. If nap train 3 nights a week he’s getting 300 a week and would get around 20k over a year and all in cash probably. Surely nap have a set a mount.

Good god. That’s incredible.

He’s 100% on more than that.

Most clubs paying coaches would be paying around that every week.

Every week and per night are different though. Would nap train more than 3 nights week? They must be pulling thousands off the car park and the bar? How many cars can they fit?

Not going to debate this too much more as you are making fair points also. But just a few in return:

1. I’m not sure the Gaelic Grounds hosting two league games, sporadic concerts too, will do a huge amount for their coffers. A lot of people like to park for nothing and resent paying a fiver, so likely will skip parking there, anyway it’s a bit of a walk down. There’s loads of free parking especially if you don’t mind a bit of a walk.

2. All the money in the world they may hypothetically raise from the above isn’t worth a whole pile to them if they haven’t the numbers of youngsters to compete over the next 10-20 years with the bigger catchment areas in the city like Monaleen and Mungret, plus your clubs with similar young players to coach to the dwindling NAP of the future such as a Kilmallock but with all the pedigree Kilmallock has over them.

3. If a younger player from Patrickswell or Ahane is a serious prospect he’ll get into Ard Scoil Ris whether he’s from NAP or not with their automatic enrollment option if they choose. Anyway are you sure NAP players can get automatic enrollment to that school if they so choose, because then you might get 40 each year for example which reduces numbers they can take from other areas who might be good at hurling or from Clare as there are often Clare lads in there. Also Ard Scoil Ris will want to remain strong at hurling so might be more interest in taking on the four talented lads from Patrickswell and five from Ahane than 30 middling prospects from NAP.

4. €100 a night for a coach of a top senior team is normal, that’s nothing unusual from what i understand. There would be junior clubs bringing in outsiders to train or coach their teams, well intermediate anyway, and they’d be getting that or very close to it too per night.

I’d imagine a club like Na Piarsaigh with ambitions of an All Ireland Club would have a budget north of 80k for their senior team for the year.

These numbers are mind boggling. If lads are correct here he’s clearing 35k a year in cash. Maybe @glasagusban will confirm.

Most would be per night. I imagine they train twice a week and match at the weekend.

Probably less during the summer. You’d have to presume that Church isn’t a complete chancer and wasn’t fleecing them all through the summer either.

That’s it, I’d say you wouldn’t have both church and fanning at every session and church probably didn’t do the preseason stuff either.

250 a night according to my sources

I parked there for two championship games and it was very busy. The pub was wedged too. 3ok plus attendances at championship games will see them make a lot of money. As far as I know it’s extremely difficult to get into ard scoil from a certain distance away. There’s seems to be nobody going from adare anymore only families who had an older son attend. I think you have to be living within a certain distance to get in. I don’t think hurling comes into it anymore.

Fanning only joined up with them in late summer.

Some o shaughnessy fella from Galway their too though

They’re only paying this at the moment because they have a special bunch and want to eke the most out of them. I don’t think in 15 years when they are struggling to stay Senior possibly that they’ll get the same quality of coach/trainer and pay him the equivalent then to what Church and Fanning get now. It’s all relative.

On a more general point but is there a “win bonus” culture in GAA for managers yet?

As in “you’re on x per training session for the year but win us a county title or provincial title at senior level and we’ll give you a lump sum of y.”