Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I was also at the match between Murroe/Boher and Ballybrown this evening in Bruff. Seán Tobin gave an absolute Tour de France in the second half. From limited possession, he did absolute wreck when he moved into the full-forward line. I’d say he got 4 or 5 balls, and scored 2-1 from play, won a free and hit a bad wide. He made one unbelievable catch from which he won a free; he switched hands while in the air and caught while almost horizontal with 2 Ballybrown players around him.

They were chasing the game at that point, as the other full-forward, Shane Kenny had scored a cracking goal. He had the beating of the Murroe/Boher full-back and I’d say he hit 1-3 in all. It looked like that goal had given Ballybrown the edge and they moved into a 4-point lead but then Seánie sprang to life.

There was a 6-point turnaround which started with his first goal, they turned the deficit into a 2-point lead. He let the ball go across his body, put on the after-burners, scorched Luke Doran on the outside and buried it past Cian Hedderman. Seamie Hickey, at centre-back, threw over a point from out the field too (he wasn’t great in general tbqh).

Ballybrown did go back in front but then Tobin got his second goal; picked the ball running towards goal, Richie Kenny tried to foul him (and ended up getting a yellow card) but didn’t actually drag him down and Tobin sent a rasper into the top corner. A different class of hurler to be honest, just a serious player. Ballybrown got a soft enough free at the death to level things up.

Bryan Griffin did well for them, was in midfield but dropped deep and got on an amount of ball. Shane Kenny was a big threat inside & Mikey Kiely picked off a few good scores. I would say that Josh Adams was only alright, certainly didn’t dominate. They only brought on Barry O’Connor for the last few minutes, I know he’s a bit small but they had a few forwards doing nothing really, maybe he would have offered something.

For Murroe/Boher, if they had got more ball into Tobin inside, they would have won. Ballybrown had no one that could handle him and they never sat someone back in front of him from open play. Outside of him though, Dylan Sheehan & Darragh Kennedy were probably the best of them. No Finn Hourigan, I don’t remember seeing Conor Byrnes either and their full-back line also struggled.

That’s 3 draws now for them and both themselves and Ballybrown on 3 points. Draw not really worth a fuck to either of them and it’s really advantage Monaleen now in terms of going up. Decent contest though, nice pace to it and some excellent scores taken tbf.

7 Likes

Mind your own business, you cark cunt.

1 Like

Feohanagh/Castlemahon 2-19
Tournafulla 1-12

Feohanagh had a good win against Tour in the Intermediate in NCW. It was very close in the first half, both teams picking up some nice scores early on. Tour could do no wrong in their shot-taking in the first half. Very enjoyable while it was tight, quality wasn’t bad in fairness. Seamus Flanagan played inside early but drifted out to win primary possession as it went on. Sean Downey and Michael Nolan excellent in the backs for F/C. Jamie O Mahony was very good for Tour in midfield and James Brouder was a threat up front, getting 1-2 or so from play. Flanagan immaculate from frees too.

In the second half Feohanagh really kicked on, Flanagan put it beyond doubt to put them about 6 points up midway through the second after a fine team score. His brother Sean (a minor in 2013) was named 6 but went full forward and won an almighty amount of ball. F/C needed that win badly, they are finally on the board now. As are NCW with a massively needed win against Knockaderry (0-16 to 1-10). That group is fairly wide open now between the four west teams to try avoid a relegation battle. Huge game coming up between NCW and Feohanagh

6 Likes

No

Can’t see it.

It’s things like this that make you realise just how high the standard of IC hurling is. They’ll have been really really good players he was roasting. :grimacing:

He wouldn’t have done that against Ballybrown in the good old days.

he might have done the first good thing. Then he’d be waking up in the car home.

1 Like

I find if you throw in the adjective “useless” before Cork it has a more cutting and demoralising effect.

1 Like

Bad old days, but I take your point. Its a great thing that he can hurl honestly without fear of intentional maiming imho.

The fella who tried to foul him for the second goal had his head nearly taken off at one stage.

Flicked the ball over a fella’s head and yer man said “fuck this” and just pulled right across the head. Very lucky not to be sent off.

1 Like

Tobin would be a very useful weapon in the armoury of the current set up.

2 Likes

That kind of stuff never helped galways cause.

How old is he now?

Nearly 30 id say.

same go as Mul I’d say

He’s 30 towards the end of the year. Always thought he was a centre forward. Games moved on now and limerick won’t be looking at him.

2007 minor so 31 next year

Anyone have the full list of intermediate, premier intermediate and senior club hurling matches next weekend?

In terms of corner forwards Adrian Breen should be on the Limerick senior hurling panel next year. He would have definitely made the championship panel this year if he didn’t sustain a shoulder injury earlier on in the year. Oisin O’Reilly will surely earn a recall to the panel as well. His pace and ability to score goals would be a huge asset at Inter-county level. Kevin O’Brien is another player who deserves a call up to the panel. I know he’s been on the panel before but he’s been in superb form for Patrickswell this year in the club championship.