Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

That’ll be a better match than the senior final. I thought Blackrock were bookies favorites for the match earlier in the week no?

1 Like

I’d be surprised if there’s more than a puck of a ball between Blackrock and K/P. Those odds from McAuliffe’s seemed daft at the time, but have been amended now, I believe.

I fancy K/P to shade it.

@Aristotle is after putting the farm on it.

1 Like

Oh ffs… don’t start

1 Like

I’m not so sure, if you put a gun to my head i’d nearly say Blackrock to shade it but hope i’m wrong as i’d like to see this Kildimo/Pallaskenry team go up Senior. A lot of it will hinge on if they can curtail Kyle Hayes, if they can stop him pretty well they’ll do it, but easier said than done. There appears to be real momentum behind Blackrock.

I think K/P will get over the line, but I expect a massive battle from Blackrock. Very interested to see will they leave Darren O’Connell in full forward or move him away from Richie McCarthy.

Na Piarsaigh should have too much for the 'Well. Hopefully it will be a good contest.

I didn’t see the semis but a lad who did reckons Kildimo will really have to up it to win . Kilfinane were mighty impressive and on a upward graph .

K/P won the semi final and Hayes was extremely quiet in normal time, fouled for a couple of pointed frees and that was it. In fairness it was their worst display of the year and they still dug it out.

They’ve only used 19 players in the championship this year across 8 matches I think.

Kilfinane are peaking at just the right time. May have timed their run perfectly. They’ve momentum just when you want it.

Really hope the weather doesn’t ruin it. Should be tight. I’ll have a tenner on the draw.

3 Likes

Very very hard to call .

As has been said above I think it’ll be more entertaining than the senior. Would be massive for either club to go up. A long way back if you are beaten, on the other hand.

Yes but both clubs have a good age profile . Kildimo particularly . That said Mungret will come good eventually . Also if NCW come up that might have momentum .

South boys will walk it.

If NCW go up they’ll need a year or so to adjust to the jump up. If they manage to stay up there they’ll be a decent Premier Inter side with a chance to go up in 3 or so years with a nice few young players coming through. Age profile of their current NCW side is very good bar Stephen Nix and Mike McMahon (both mid 30s). Shaun Browne (32) has bags of hurling left in him, he got married this year and got injured in one of the group games

I’m not a Limerick FC player :smile:

If they go up, being a dual club could hinder the hurling next year.

Going by this year they’d have 2 senior football championship matches and three premier intermediate hurling matches on consecutive weeks in April alone. All the teams in Premier Intermediate they’d meet would be “hurling first” clubs too like Bruff, Mungret, Knockainey, Dromin/Athlacca and the losers on Sunday.

It would be better for hurling in the county if NCW beat Glenroe. Big town that has historically given next to nothing to the county team, compared to even small neighbouring clubs like Knockaderry, Feohanagh/Castlemahon etc.

Promotion would be a huge shot in the arm for them. Scope is there for them to really push on long term.

1 Like

I am no lover of NCW but if a combination of tipperary and Glasgow Rangers played Glenroe / ballylanders …,

7 Likes

Last hurler from NCW to play senior championship?

I think you go back to the 50s ?

There must be money going on Kildimo so.

Are they doing something good underage there hurling wise or getting their act together that this is happening now? Hadn’t they the centre back for the Limerick minors this year? I don’t ever recall a hurler from NCW on the county radar.