Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Are you not from just out the road? Thought you’d have your ear to the ground down there.

Hard to know tbh . The are now getting players on co minor teams . The next decade will tell if they can harness the huge numbers they have .

The word from the South was that there was decent money being thrown on Blackrock originally.

I think Paddy Power only put up their odds the other day so maybe they were their opening prices? I know Paddy Mac’s odds have changed again, either lining up with PP or because money went on while we were at decent odds.

1 Like

Good luck this weekend, pal.

1 Like

Cheers pal.

Good to see you siding with the good guys over @anon61878697’s South Limerick mafia.

I’m definitely rooting for yerselves anyway, would be great to see ye head to senior

1 Like

In an unprecedented display of cooperation I see askeaton have moved their annual day of underage tournaments to next weekend so as to allow K/P to take part.

1 Like

:clap:

Blackrock, Blackrock, Blackrock

Wasn’t eamon cregans auld fella a hurler for Newcastle west? I think he won 2 or 3 all Ireland’s and lost a senior county final to young Ireland’s.

He was indeed. Won All-Irelands in 34 & 36.

Shaun Browne played intermediate for Limerick about 7 or 8 years ago. He’s the only NCW player to play at adult inter-county that I can recall for a long while.

Of course, an NCW man actually captained a Limerick team to win a senior All-Ireland. Willie Hough in 1918.

3 Likes

The current crop are all dual players I think. I can’t think of any that are hurling-only.

They probably have a few football-only alright but they’re basically using the same group of players in both as far as I can see.

Has Jamie Lee played any hurling this year? @lonelyisland236

Kilfinnane, Kilfinnane, Kilfinnane.

1 Like

They won the minor in 1982 and u21 in 1985 and had plenty of lads on county underage teams then . They promised then but never pushed on . They won the senior football in 1987.which was their 1st ever title .

The club has underachieved really .

Peel will be flat out Sunday evening hopefully

God’s country

Nix the elder was on at least a county minor panel at one stage if not 21s. Was a serious operator as a young fella

In good weather, yeah.

1 Like

While it is true most are dual players (don’t think Mark Kelly plays football?) a lot of them would be “more” Hurling if you get me. Whereas before Stephen Kelly, James Kelly, Jamie Lee, Paul Hannan, Thomas and Michael Quilligan etc were more interested in the football, today’s crop coming through are almost all more hurling orientated. All of the Hurley boys for example are from hurling stock and would play the football alright but would be hurling people. Shaun Browne was always more hurling than football. All of their underage hurlers with Limerick (i counted 7 in the Academy from 14s to 17s this year) are all more interested in hurling than football and aren’t kicking football with Limerick Underage. If they can push up to Premier and stay there for 2 years they’ll develop into a decent side with what is coming through

While most clubs hate them (“fuckin townies”) the hurling people in the club are the finest and I hope they win it, be good for Limerick Hurling

3 Likes

Are Willie, Seamus, Brian, Eoin & Ethan all brothers?