Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

He is a good referee

Aristotle

What are the details of the replay ?

Stephens Day @ 2pm

In Moyvane

Curtain raiser to the North Kerry Football final

Bank Holiday Weekend- Saturday October 26th @6pm in the Gaelic Grounds.

Yeah, he did well too, has had a good 24 months or so and has really risen up the ranks.

I thought Downes was very very lucky not to get sent off though; John Hall was kinda caught on the blindside and maybe should have consulted with his linesman. Missed one or two things I’m sure, but it’s very hard to be perfect.

I’m wondering who will ref the replay- presumably won’t be Stapleton again, won’t be Murphy, unlikely to be Halloran, won’t be Mike Sexton. That probably leaves Hayes or O’Callaghan as the favourites.

No. They won’t let the hurlers destroy the pitch for football. It will be on second

Why not Johnny Murphy ?

He was down to ref it firstly, but said he has too many local ties to Kilfinane, I think.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

The point is that people will complain about the ref no matter how good a game he has. Stapleton is the best ref in the county and got all the big calls right.

“I say, my dear fellow”

I know mate, I’m only teasing.
I forgot it was ye that got the penalty.
It sounded like a list of decisions went yere way, and then you said what a great ref he was.
I’ve great time for Blackrock after they bet us out the gate in the sevens wan time.

Double helpings of karma

1 Like

Halloran, Stapleton and Mike Sexton are all better refs than Johnny Murphy

1 Like

Johnny Murphy has gone downhill fast since he was appointed to the national panel!

Johnny Murphy was fast tracked because he was a former inter county player and it was something the GAA were looking to encourage. He’s a very average ref. Although to be fair there are far far worse out there.

Any time we’ve had Murphy, I think he’s been fine. He is a bit whistle-happy and I’ve been at matches where he has been poor but he does actually communicate well and is pretty consistent. He tells you why he’s blowing for something and if you continue to do it, he’ll continue to penalise.

It doesn’t always lend itself to free-flowing matches but better that than just plain bizarre calls.

My favorite is mike Mann.

1 Like