Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

JP can’t make some evidence disappear. You’d be talking international scandal if he did

Everyone can be got to

Mind your own business

I know

Well then you don’t need to be asking me so, do you?

You know nothing

1 Like

More finals this weekend, it’s going to be a busy bank holiday weekend in the Gaelic Grounds!

Junior A Hurling Final
Saturday October 26
Castletown/Ballyagran vs Kilmallock @1.30pm in the Gaelic Grounds

First-up is an All-South (West) final in the Junior. Castletown/Ballyagran are arguably the surprise package of the year. Last year, they were beaten by the Stakers in the South semi-final and eventually dumped out by Tour in the county knockouts. But they have had a great year so far, they reached the final of the All-County League (where they are supposed to also play Kilmallock, I’m not sure if this match is doubling up?) and have only had one blip in Championship when they lost to St. Kieran’s. They thumped a weakened Kilmallock side in the group stages by 16 points, but backed that up with a 5-point win in the West Final. They disposed of a fancied Killeedy side in the county semi-final, they would look to be the form team. Harry Dore has done a lot of scoring for them but Aidan McAuliffe is still a dangerous forward and they also have an infusion of youth with the likes of Ben Herlihy and Darragh Cotter.

Kilmallock obviously started poorly but picked it up, getting to the West Final. They just edged a youthful Croagh/Kilfinny in the semi-final. They were losing finalists in 2017 after two replays, but were hammered by Tour last year. On paper, this year’s team actually looks stronger than that of 2017. They have experienced heads in key positions- Conor Staunton centre-back, Kevin O’Mahony wing-back; Paudie O’Dwyer wing-forward, Eoin Ryan centre-forward as well as some promising youngsters like David Woulfe and Gearoid Barry.

Kilmallock will really really hate losing 3 times in one season to their neighbours and maybe they’ve learned from their earlier defeats but I just think all the momentum is with C/B. They had a very impressive second half against Killeedy and I think they have what it takes to get over the line this afternoon.

Premier Intermediate Hurling Final Replay
Saturday October 26
Blackrock vs Kildimo/Pallaskenry @3.30pm in the Gaelic Grounds

We’re up in the second match. It’s going to be another tight game; Richie Murphy will be a bit of a loss for them but Daithi Heffernan is as good a backup goalie as you could reasonably expect to have. Hopefully we finish the job off this time.

Intermediate Football Final Replay
Sunday October 27
Galtee Gaels vs Gerald Griffins @1pm in the Gaelic Grounds

Galtee Gaels and Gerald Griffins are the other teams who have to go again in the Intermediate final. Griffins salvaged a draw the last day with a late goal, again finishing strongly. I tipped Gaels the first day, and I’m not going to change from that after the first game (much to @Crutches’ dismay) , I fancy them to finish it out this time.

Senior Football Final
Sunday October 27
Newcastlewest vs Oola @3pm in the Gaelic Grounds

The senior final has been delayed by a few weeks, it should be a very interesting contest. I think it’s a first ever final for Oola but they have some serious footballers in the likes of Josh Ryan, Richie English, the Bourkes; with a massive goal threat. 16 goals in 6 games speaks for itself really. They edged NCW by a point in the group stage but that point, both sides were already through to the knockouts. Oola produced a big second half performance four weeks ago to beat St. Kieran’s while NCW disposed of Ballysteen with a big second half, and then dumped out the reigning champions, Adare.

They lost the Intermediate Hurling last weekend which might be a bit of a blow, but they look to have a very strong team all over the pitch- Jamie Lee, Eoin Hurley, Bryan Nix in attack; Iain Corbett around the midfield, the likes of Mike O’Keeffe in the backs. I think they have the better all-round team but Oola’s ability to get goals makes a huge difference. I’m going to opt for NCW to avenge the group stage defeat though.

3 Likes

will your game be on sporting Limerick?

All 4 are on the LimerickGAA bookface page

1 Like

We’re 7-4 up after 16 mins.

8-7 23 mins

Oola looks great, huge colour up in the village.

Oola have won a few titles before.

Would have been a massive rivalry between Oola and Askeaton in the late 70s.

Last in. 1979 ??

They were good teams back then . Thiomond College were awesome then.

Junior final:

C/B 0-8 Kilmallock 0-8 HT

As per Wikipedia you are correct

For what?

Junior final:

C/B 0-14 Kilmallock 0-19 FT