Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I really like English, he reminds me of Graeme Mul a bit. Not the biggest but a tough fucker all the same.

it’s hard to tell with minor now what size lads will be… a lot of them are 15 and aren’t near full grown, contrast that then with Big Bob. They’ve a fuck made of inter county minor, all told

1 Like

Yeah he’s quality. I’ve heard a lot of last year’s Minors are called into a S&C Group and doing a bit of training separate to the 20s. The 20s are back with a group training (those def on the panel I spose) and a good few trialling for it too. There’s talks about the 20s carrying a kind of shadow/development group with them of 18/19 year olds who don’t make the actual 20s panel

3 Likes

great idea

Back training in November for a competition 6 months away. Bit crazy.

What if the aim is to develop the players, both physically and skill wise, in order for them to possibly be Limerick Senior Hurlers in a few year’s time and actually not really be too bothered about winning the u20 competition at all? Would that blow your mind?

1 Like

He was part of a great Pike schoolboys team. Had a cousin playing with them when they got beaten by Cherry Orchard in think quart finals after a replay.

Agreed but so are Cork

Had a brother going to Ard scoil until recently and he says guys still there say the new principal has started putting a lot of emphasis on other activities such as starting a hockey team and speech&drama.

1 Like

Cork are training away.

Excellent stuff.

Looks lads I like playin with ye, but i swear to God if you sliced my arm there it’d bleed green and white

Who’d be the best 20s players this year do ye think? Lads that age that impressed in club this summer? Obvs Dylan O Shea would be the obvious top prospect still 20. I think Josh Considine is still u20 too as well as Jason Gillane

Were you at the Cork game? Dylan O’Shea was poor that night I thought. I would have concerns about application and work rate

1 Like

I wasn’t I only watched it on TV. I’ve heard that alright and in fairness he was poor but I just assumed an off night.

Connolly is a great bit of stuff

1 Like

They were the only 3 players that showed a bit of dog that night. The only 3 that would have caught JK’s eye I’d imagine

I didn’t think Josh was great that night to be honest, but I do think he’s a seriously talented player.

Connolly was hugely impressive that night, looked a cut above skills and hurling intelligence-wise. I imagine he’ll definitely get a recall.

McCarthy is still U-20 again (as is Considine). I’d probably be surprised if he got a senior call-up at this point but would expect him to be a key figure for the 20s this year and certainly has a bright future ahead of him.

With regard to Dylan O’Shea, he was a threat when he got the ball in hand, he had a good goal chance in the first half. He is talented but you have to work so hard to get the ball in your hand as an inside forward at the highest level. There’s still hope for him.

I was surprised that Tobin wasn’t starting tbh; I know he’s very small but he’s a lovely hurler. I personally feel like he’d be a better midfielder than Woulfe.

But yeah, you’ll have Gillane, Considine, O’Shea, Jack Beg, McCarthy at least from the teams that started. Then the likes of Beefy Junior, Tobin, Sean O’Connor, Calvin Carroll, Liam Griffin, Emmet McEvoy and Adam Butler who were all on the extended panel.

Brian O’Grady was on the 21s in 2018 but missed the 20s last year because of the Leaving Cert. He should be back and would be a huge addition.

Then the likes of Adam Mac from Na Piarsaigh, Shaun Barry & Cathal Downes from Kildimo/Pallas, Bonar from Bruff, O’Brien from Croagh/Kilfinny, O’Grady from Hospital/Herbertstown, O’Mahony from the Bouncers, maybe Purcell & Cormac Ryan from Doon.

Maybe one or two of the minors from this year- Cathal O’Neill, although he’ll be doing the Leaving.

2 Likes

Jack Ryan from Doon,Sean Long Nap Piarsaig, Callum Sheahan from the bouncers all impressive for their clubs this year, all underage

Yeah, I’d expect them all to be on it.

They’re training away at the moment, think there’s a good number of them inside. A lot better prepared than last year.