Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Is it beary has them?

It is a good guy is Paul he’ll do a good job and we seem to have better foundations to work with this year

5 Likes

The job he did last year with na piarsaigh looks better now considering what Mick Ryan failed to do with them.

1 Like

I said it at time it was a terrible decision and has caused huge splits in the club he basically was shafted for not winning Munster😡 relatively oul fellas like myself can remember the effort they was put in to establish ourselves first at under age and then gradually build up. Can’t win them all especially after the run we had with a talented group of players who got the best out of themselves.

2 Likes

Danny O’Leary from Bruff, Kyran O’Donnell from Pallasgreen and Bryan Heavey from Garryspillane will be on the panel as well. Starting 15 could be something along the lines of this:

1. Jason Gillane
  2. Cormac Ryan
  3. Josh Considine
  4. Kyran O’Donnell
  5. Eoin O’Mahony
  6. Emmett McEvoy
  7. Kevin Bonar
  8. Ryan Tobin
  9. Jack Ryan
  10. Cathal O’Neill
  11. Brian O’Grady
  12. Dylan O’Shea
  13. Mark McCarthy
  14. Bob Purcell
  15. Danny O’Leary
1 Like

It’d be easier to list the few that won’t be the goat

1 Like

:rollseyes:

I know I’m biased but on recent form, Shaun Barry would have to be starting ahead of a few of those lads.

I’d stick him on the frees as well

He’s a good freetaker alright, but they all seem to be decent freetakers these days. O’Shea and O’Neill are both very solid on the frees too. Young Gillane is probably the best freetaker of those named but I presume he’ll be in goals again.

Young heffernan could be in goals. Gillane be better used out field.

1 Like

I agree. I feel Gillane is wasted there, considering he won a county senior champ starting outfield and had a good year for the Well in general

1 Like

He was quiet in the county final, agreed otherwise though.

2 Likes

@Aristotle What’s your prediction for how the Limerick sides will fare in Munster tomorrow?

What games are on TV tomorrow?

Ballygunner and the well 1.45 tg4

1 Like

To be honest, I have no real idea of the quality of the opposition bar Ballygunner, who I think are deservedly favourites. I think it will be close and I reckon Lynch & Gillane are bigger threats than anything Ballygunner have; if they are at the top of their game, they might do it but I’d fancy Ballygunner by a few points.

NCW will be up against it against Nemo too. I think they are a decent side, and were unlucky the last time they were in Munster (and I think Clonmel beat Nemo that year?). Hope they do it but again, you’d have to fancy Nemo to edge it.

I have no idea what St. Breckan’s are like. Judging by the respective records of Clare and Limerick champions over the past number of years, Gaels have a great chance but I really have no idea.

2 Likes

Went to see the game in the bridge last week and Ballygunner were very impressive . Dessie Hutchinson was excellent playing in the inside line that they isolated as often as possible. They looked well coached and had a solid game plan. In saying that the Bridge were the worst senior senior champions of any county I have seen. Any of the 4 top teams in Limerick would beat them . I think Considine and Lynch around the middle will fare better the the bridge two did last week and will limit the amount of quick ball to the Gunner inside line. This should swing it in th Well’s favour IMO

I think we’re a great bet at 7/4

1 Like