Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

I think I said it before here, but winning that All Ireland was the worst thing that could ever have happened everyone involved.

1 Like

Said it at the time and I’ll say it again, tax cheat JPs involvement in Limerick hurling will cost them more all Irelands than it will ever achieve. Such a pity too as this lot were destined to be the greatest Limerick team ever. Damaged goods now

:popcorn:

100 percent true. Who knew giving a bunch of young lads a license to behave like they are above the law would end in disaster. I’d rather never win another all Ireland again if this is how we are being represented.

I haven’t been this angry in years. We the envy of the country in 2018 and look what has happened. This is just sad.

They really shouldn’t. Honestly, I like an oul ball hop, but there was absolutely fuck all in that. Malachy got two or three clouts, after which yer man decides he doesn’t fancy it, before going down like a tyrone footballer after a gentle prod of a straight left.
Getting dropped for that for a season would be unbelievably harsh, and poor management after the panel have basically been facilitated by management to drink the arse out of it for the past couple of months.

2 Likes

Numerous more serious offenses have been buried. This one is in the media. So it’s much more messy.

The nivya is clearly not doing much of a job

Genuinely?

The saddest thing of all is that you were the only Limerick poster with the balls to ackowledge the truth. You have paid a heavy price for it too, lambasted and ridiculed by the rest, but 100% vindicated today. A genuine credit to your county The rest go scurrying away like rats when the truth is there staring them in the face popping up every now and then whenever they muster the courage to take cheap shots, just like yer man in the video

10 Likes

Ah ye werent really. Much of the GAA community was happy for ye, but the envy of the country?

2 Likes

They were, this was acknowledged by every other county at the time

1 Like

What’s the fucking point if we can’t win with a shred of decency? Genuinely? It’s remarkable how many people try and justify actions because their sports teams are involved. You’ve plenty of smart arses on here quick to comments on the behavior of rugby players in the locality. Maybe they should look a bit closer to home.

The rapid rise and dramatic fall of this Linerick team will make a great 30 for 30 type documentary in a few years.

“What happened to the team who got everything it wished for.,”

1 Like

4 Likes

Few knew it at the time, that simple decision to welcome the man who made the win possible into the dressing room in Croke Park, would prove so fatal

2 Likes

You reap what you sow. Hopefully this latest episode will be the impetus they need to tell JP and his blood money to fuck off and they start making hurling the priority again

Is this what you quit your job For that time? To stand over this shit? Come on lad. This is a disgrace.

I’d rather be despised and winning then a happy loser.

7 Likes

Shur we thought we were just having the craic like, stick up an auld sign there renaming the village after him, everyone got a great laugh out of it. Shur we never knew it at the time, that it would blow the head off the young chap and he’d turn into a raving psycopath.

1 Like