Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

So, he would have been a Limerick minor this year if it wasn’t for other commitments? I was very impressed; he’s some size for a 17-year-old, ridiculously athletic and a nice footballer too! He absolutely two of our lads on different occasions, both tough fuckers too!

I was thinking I didn’t see Hegarty. We were missing our own county minor footballer, Mícheál Cuddihy and were missing our U-20 hurler, Adam Butler who has scored 4 goals in the past 2 games, not to mention Kyle Hayes!

We have some very nice footballers at that age, we were beaten by a strong Galbally team last year. But even though we had Kyle & Darren O’Connell then, we have practically everyone else a year older and have a nice balance to the team, hopefully we go all the way.

2 Likes

Yip a nice side and deserved win and ye have had good teams consistently for the last few years so definitely something to build on there.

Would Kyle play the county semi final?

I was genuinely disheartened by the comments on social media as various media platforms shared the video. The Irish times have it up forty five minutes and our two are getting eaten alive. Heads will roll.

I wouldn’t expect him to; he doesn’t play a whole pile of football really. We’ll hopefully have Butler back anyway.

You’d have to say that @anon23727452 called this perfectly from the start

4 Likes

All comes back to Gillane. Anyone on the panel wont be able to trust him. Sure he cause alot of grief putting a photo of Barry O Connell and his misses in the hit tub up on insta after the AI win.

I don’t enjoy being right and I know well I’m one of the most hated posters on the forum but it really saddens me the number of people I used to consider decent limerick gaa folk who have tried to defend this debacle or stayed quiet on these matters over the last 14 months or so. We really are a shambles. You can love limerick gaa deeply but that doesn’t mean you don’t call out this behavior. I lost a good friend a few years back to drink driving. He’d numerous run ins with the law but had contacts and continually got off with a mere slap on his hands. He never learned his lessons. I’ve vowed many times no matter how many times I make a mistake I’ll try and learn from it. I just hope the limerick players realise the mistakes they are making and I really hope the fucking idiots helping them get out of the messes they get into fuck off for good. Lots of people on here know more about what’s been going on and there’s plenty of eyes on this thread on daily basis that no more too than me but if a school teacher can stand over some of the stuff that’s reportedly happened over the last few months I really don’t know anymore. As for McManus. He should be told thanks but no thanks. Fuck him and his money. I’d rather be playing in the C competition wearing bin bags than have a tax avoider with his luxury hotel on the front of it and him dictating when club games are played. Hopefully some good comes from this anyway.

2 Likes

It comes back to McManus entering the dressing room post game when we won the all Ireland. Ever sense then there’s been an air of above the law and celebrity rockstar following around the senior squad. There’s nothing surprising about a bunch of young lads losing the run of themselves after success.

I wouldnt solely put blame on JP but the superstar element has gotten to fellas heads. A step back from holidays/cars/dinners and a dose of reality for some fellas are needed. The rotten eggs need to be pushed out regardless of they’re club or ability. Some of the carry on is amateur considering all the PR and social media training these lads get. They know full well they are being watched. Particularly in Limerick

2 Likes

Sure you’d fellas arguing the jolly to Barbados was a great idea. What kind of message does it send out the average gaa man or woman around the county. We are organizing an all expenses holiday for a bunch of misbehaving and largely under performing senior hurling squad and will need to rearrange club games including county finals for it to go ahead. It’s a joke and we are seeing now how this Attitude has rubbed off on the squad.

1 Like

The ignorance to the club is across all counties, shouldn’t be accepted again no consolation for the people of oola ncw kildimo/pallas and ardpatrick/kilfinny. Senior players and management need to put the foot in now and stop all this shit before Christmas. It appears that there is a group from the minor/21s team from last 3 years who have lost the run of themselves. Either sort it like Fergie did with United in the 80s or we’ll be waiting for another AI.

I wouldnt like to see JP go but for him to step back from the panel and players. Cover the costs and whatever but not treat it like a premier league team. Get the sponsor photos and all that but 364 days of the year in the shadows

1 Like

The hilarious thing about jp is his two best buddies are tiger woods and ap McCoy. I’d love to see their reaction if he tried to pack them off to Barbados on a holiday while they were prepping for the masters or cheltenham. It’s mind boggling stuff. I don’t see how the managers position is tenable being honest. No doubt if this incident wasn’t filmed it would have been brushed under the carpet like the many other incidents that have been reported.

Could him winning more All Irelands than all his predecessors for the past 45 years buy him a small bit of grace?

I Don’t really care if he won the last three all Ireland’s and wins the next ten. What is wrong is wrong. Winning hurling games doesn’t mean you are above the law. It shouldn’t mean when you do something wrong you get away with it. There is far more important things in life than hurling.

I care that he won it.

John Kiely manages an amateur sports team. He can’t manipulate the law. He can’t be held responsible for the behaviour of adults.

1 Like

It depends how they handle this now in my opinion, again if it wasnt filmed and brushed away wouldnt be too bad but to put it up on twitter with the public persona they have, after all the hearsay of previous incidents isnt acceptable. Malachy shouldn’t be swinging digs like that, easy one to handle. Worse is the clown with the camera and uploading it. How can the rest of the panel trust him.

Worse still is the betting fiasco. The lads breaking their holes 12 months for that to happen is sickening. How can they sit in a dressing room, or sit by a pool in Barbados or have a jolly in NY with him around.

If they take the appropriate actions and these guy dont wear green again fair enough. Maybe redemption in 2021. I’d fear everyone will be be saying your right again

Of course he can. By continuing to select the players who benefited from their position on the squad he picks to get off various offenses he is justifying their actions whether he likes it or not. He should either step down or remove all players who’ve wrongly benefited from being on the panel he has been picking.

I hope I’m wrong but how the guard was allowed on the side line versus Kilkenny I’ll never quite understand.

I’m also open to correction but it is now being claimed gillane merely shared it into the players what’s group(still wrong) and many other players then shared it around. Which is even worse than just gillane sharing it around.