Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Gutted to see the end of the famed West Junior A championship but it’s for the greater good.

1 Like

The West Junior hurling championship is THE greater good . All you need do in see the joy that participation in in brought to @balbec this summer . The GAA is losing its soul .

2 Likes

I’d have zero pity for the West Board, they’ve over €100k in the bank and do fuck all with it. They should be ensuring there’s a Harty and Corn ui Mhuiri team in the west every year! Paying for coaches in Primary schools etc…

1 Like

The Divisions wouldn’t be too bad if there was any sort of balance. If they had been forced to amalgamate if they had less than 6 teams, it might have been okay. I get that it’s nice to have something to aim at winning but the City Junior B final wasn’t even played in 2018.

It was up there with beating Bruree in the County final in ‘94.

1 Like

Only issue I have with the reform is that it greatly reduces the chance of a trophy for teams. Nearly every team will think they might have a shot at a divisional title.

It’ll take away from it greatly in my opinion. I can see it doing ok at junior a level but junior b level would be a disaster.

I do get that which is why it was a pity they divisions didn’t sort themselves out by making their competitions worth winning. But from my experience, more games is better.

@Julio_Geordio’s old idea about splitting it down more might be something worth thinking about from that point of view.

Not quite as much as him but maybe 12 teams at every grade. Most teams would fancy their chances every few years in that kind of setup.

Junior A all county should’ve been done 10 years ago. Very positive move in my opinion.

Is there any truth to the rumour that 3 Junior A teams have voluntarily dropped back to Junior B?

What three?

Feenagh entering a junior b football team, be a big blow to drom who have 4/5 or feenagh lads playing with them

2 Likes

Clubs haven’t been officially notified yet, so I doubt it!

Will the Feenagh lads have to play with them though? Their club is Drom now?

Not sure of that, could be some heated debates up them parts solving that issue

Not if they stayed hurling with Feenagh?
They would have gotten whats called “permission to play”, which is different to a transfer. Now it’s possible some of them did transfer but I’d say the permission to play route is more likely

There are currently 27 junior a teams and they need 24. That’s what is delaying the notice going out.

I’m told that an amalgamation is on the cards in the City division which would sort out 1 team, and that 2 other big club’s Junior A teams are looking to drop back to Junior B. Hey presto, 24 team championship

Christians and Claughaun going to try again?

24 teams is way too many, but how and ever it’s a start

In a mafia style double cross, Claughaun have been frozen out. Or so the rumour goes

They destroyed Cork

7 Likes

Hmmm Crecora? :thinking: