Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Fuck em. They destroyed us plenty of times.

2 Likes

You can see it on here sure with the likes of @gilgamboa

2 Likes

They never got over it.

They might never

They beat Limerick twice the next year .

He’s been a ball of shite ever since.

There were 85 adult teams who played Championship last year.

I know that one or two are gone for 2020 but you might get a couple of new teams.

The problem with restructuring the current Junior B into a couple of tiers is that some teams will field one year and be quite good and then mightn’t bother fielding at all the following year.

But there is a huge gulf between teams like Tour B, Garryspillane B and then more “traditional Junior B” teams like Claughaun B and Monaleen C.

Maybe even split the junior b between first teams and actual b teams. Two championships and promote one from each to JA and relegate one from each.
It’s the lack of relegation from junior a that’s the big issue in my opinion. You’ve teams just sitting there for years not going forwards or backwards, they’d be better off relegated and be in a competition they could win IMO

Yeah, I agree on the relegation thing. I was nearly hoping we’d elect to go Junior A ourselves this year just because it’s an awful shame seeing handy young lads hammering the shite out of a bunch of fat lads, then sitting on their hole for 4 months before finally playing a team of a similar level.

Also the likes of Adare who just give walkovers the whole time have no business being in the same competition as Ballyagran or Killeedy or the likes. It just fucks it up for everyone else.

24 teams is just way too many not to have a few complete mismatches but it’s a start I guess. No doubt we’ll end up in a group of death

I was having a look there, if you went:

Senior- 12
Premier- 8
Intermediate- 12
Junior A- 12
Junior B- 12
Junior C- 12
Junior D- 17 (the rest)

Maybe even call Junior A “Premier Junior” if teams get ratty about names.

While I personally like the Premier Intermediate format, I feel like it’s tough running off that many games at lower levels plus the toll on referees.

But the aim should be to play all lower junior matches in the summer months if possible.

That’d be my thoughts. It’d result in us being called Junior C but playing at a much higher level than the Junior B grade we currently play at with the likes of Bruree, Killeedy, Fedamore and the likes.

I wouldnt be hugely in favour of that structure. Say you are a small junior club who comes upon a good crop of players as often happens. By the time you’d rise through the ranks they’d nearly be retired again.

That’s a fair point.

2 up 2 down. If they are that good, they’ll get up fast enough.

24 is big for junior A but should make for a great competition and variety in the groups.

Be nice not to be playing the same teams over and over anyway. I presume they’ll still have a stand alone West Championship

A straight knock divisional championship at the start of the year.

you could have some serious mismatches…

As opposed to the current system?

1 Like

good point. well made.