Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Put out a full team and WAOTC

Whatever about finding new players limerick badly need to develop a new game plan or least expand on the one which worked in 2018. We badly need to start creating and scoring goal chances. The vast majority of our goals come from attackers turning over defenders. Realistically it’s not good enough and won’t always work. If you can stop Hannon and Cian Lynch our ability to play through the lines and deliver good ball into our inside line is poor. If these two don’t perform or are stopped we will struggle hugely. Kilkenny showed the way to stop us. A fully fit and performing Daragh O Donovan would be an asset here as he offers lots. Finally arran gillane among other things needs to start working on his weak side. It probably takes two men to stop him but showing him onto his weaker side is too obvious now. He has the potential to be a marquee forward if he improves on these weaknesses. As for the management team I think John kiely and Kinnerk have a huge weakness of changing things tactically in play. Kilkennys simple tactic of forcing us to play short puck outs and nullifying the Hannon/Lynch axis left them absolutely stumped. The timing of substitutions is another bug bearer of mine. Another example of their very average in game management was how dowling was not instructed to take Frees when he was brought on versus Kilkenny from distance at least. Barry Nash at half back and Peter Casey at 11 could completely change our whole team. You can never have enough good hurlers. Jerome Boylan is a long shot too in the corner but I feel a fella with a bit more hurling back there could help too. I rewatched the semi final defeat this morning and again we were probably caught for a bit of size back there too.

1 Like

On DOD. His numbers in the all Ireland final:

10 successful passes

1 unsuccessful pass

4 Dispossessions

5 Breaking Balls won

4 Passes received off team-mate

7 possessions in between Limerick’s 45 metre line and goal line

5 possessions in Galway half

He is a really key player for us and nobody seemed too bothered he was dropped. Not to mention his long range scoring ability too. He takes a lot of work of Cian Lynch and gives him more room to hurl. WOD is a good player too but not at this level. I wouldn’t be against trying Cian Lynch in the half forward line and WOD/DOD in midfield in the early league games.

He was playing poorly last year and needed to be dropped. There’s no doubt he’s an excellent hurler on his day and if he finds form will start again.

What I mean is if hannon or cian lynch was dropped for poor form it would be big news. O donovan is close to that level and we simply can’t afford to have him out of form. I don’t think anyone played well Versus cork that day and it seemed harsh to single out him to be dropped imo.

Give me a half a dose of whatever you’re on

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Cian Lynch was dropped

Unreal dedication.

1 Like

Tis a good job you’re not doing the stats! In that snapshot of random data you posted there he had possession 11 times, 13 times and 12 times…

2 Likes

He’s watched that match back around 34 times at this stage. It’s great, it’s often on the 26th or 31st viewing you’d notice something fairly nuanced you never would have picked up before.

8 Likes

I’d say he watches it on his period once a month

We can add counting to your inability to understand the game at any level :joy:

It’s a balance, on the 50th viewing the game ceases to have any meaning.

Yes, “We can counting” indeed… :rollseyes:

Tis no wonder you’re a shit gambler when basic numeracy is an issue.

Michael Verney knew

Verneys never wrong

You don’t even understand stats you fool.

1 Like

As arguments go, this is shaping up to be a shit one.

2 Likes

Go back and look at what you posted. You said he had 4 dispossessions, 5 breaking balls and 4 receptions from team mates. That’s 13 possessions (provided he gained possession of the ball after each dispossession, which I’m presuming from the way you poorly presented the data he did).

Now look at the beginning and end of your data.

You’re welcome.