Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

That’s the way it should be

Big clown for Pat Simon this morning. Out from league with shoulder issue. Shame as he could so with a run at league.

Tough break to run into a big clown, very unfortunate

It gives Adrian Breen a good chance. I like Pat Ryan but I think Breen is way more efficient with ball in hand. He takes his score, it is Pat Ryan’s biggest failing. It is like he is told to go for goal every time he gets the ball in hand. Take the ball in hand jink back and pop the point, of the goals is on fair enough but we have really missed a trick in using his pace correctly.

Eh?

Fair point. He reminds me of Shane odonnell, not fond of a point.

1 Like

Pat Simon big flaw is facing the ball. He’s brilliant running onto a ball. He has his uses but he’s probably falling down the pecking order a little. You’ll have gillane, Casey, Graeme and most likely Flanagan competing for three spots. Dowling as the most likely sub option.

I thought you said Dowling couldn’t possibly play in the full forward line in Kiely’s system?

I don’t think he’s told, it’s just his instinct and it’s all he’s got in the locker.

As a sub he’d be used there.

Moving the goal posts again.

If you watched him in midfield for the under 21’s with Darragh O’Donovan you could see he is well able to take a point as well as deliver quality ball into forwards. He is far from a one trick pony but he has been made to play like this with the roll Limerick give him in games.

Kiely has certain roles for certain players. It won’t change now.

How so? He played full forward last season.

Is that not just the difference of the positions on the field? If he’s in midfield he has plenty of space to run towards goal and take a point, if he’s corner forward and all he can do is run towards goal it’s more limiting.

Glas has serious issues with fellas from doon

Pat Ryan just isn’t a senior inter county level hurler. He’s never done it on a big day for Doon even. Unfortunate, but that’s about the height of it.

2 Likes

that’s very harsh. He made a huge impact versus cork in the all Ireland semi final.

He got a lovely goal.

When he got the start against Cork last year he was absolutely terrible. McDonnel ate him. Once you know he’s quick and take that away, he hasn’t much else

I don’t think anybody is saying he should start being honest. He’s one trick but it’s an effective trick and not many other players on the panel offer what he does. Downes maybe but he’s been dropped I presume. You’d be foolish to get rid of pat Simon. He very much has his uses.