Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

It was beautiful. Nash lost his Corkness right then and there.

Meyler referenced it a few weeks back, Cork haven’t recovered from it since yet.

Happy Christmas to all TFK Limerick members.

1 Like

I like Simon a lot, he’s a hugely effective impact sub. Does he have his limitations? Of course, but he is absolutely hellish to mark if he’s fresh and you’ve been taking for plenty of sprints for 60 minutes.

He caused Mike Casey serious bother in the County Final in 2018 and terrorised the Well, so I wouldn’t say he has never done it at club level but he didn’t have a great 2019.

The goal against Cork was obviously class, but he made an impact before that too; won the free to level it and also opened up the defence before Casey’s free on the sideline.

A big opportunity for Darren to take that role, I would say.

1 Like

Or Adrian Breen. It’s every man for himself.

Think Adrian Breen has had enough chances at inter county level, he’s an excellent club player but think he’s just that little bit short for inter county. Was very impressed with Darren O’Connell this year. Hopefully he can make the step up

O Connell is very good at intermediate level but I just wonder does he lack something. He’s fairly good at everything but isn’t standout at anything either. That’s why a fella like pat Ryan will always have his uses. One thing about o Connell is the fact he hasn’t been with limerick very often and he could improve a lot more than one would suspect.

1 Like

Hard to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys

With Darren being apart of the set up these days will bring him leaps and bounds, very raw at inter county level. Works like a dog up in the forwards which Kiely loves. Hell get his chance.
Adrian Breen always was a quality club corner forward, never got going at inter county due to injury and lack of form.
Limerick will need Pat Ryan back in form for Championship, badly stuck for impact sub now that Barry Murphy is no longer.

Heard Breen is taking it seriously this year. Lots of lads train Christmas Day these times. But that’s only the tip of the iceberg with this guy. I’d say injurys permitting he just wants to give it his best shot.

4 Likes

I hope I’m wrong and it does work out for him. He’s a deadly finisher at club level

Right.

Your 5 Limerick GAA moments of the last decade.

5 - getting out of that 1.B hellhole. Seemed a case of “same old, same old” when Galway stormed into a comfortable early lead. 8 or 9 down at half time but miraculously dug it out for a finish. Little did we know what lay ahead…

4 - The footballers beating Wexford in Portlaoise in 2011. What a night. The day of days following the footballers. Mad to think we were in the last 8 of the AI at the start of this decade. Hopefully in time technology will prove that winning point from Ian Ryan was actually wide, just to irk Masterson further.

3 - Munster u-21 hurling final 2011. Probably the most exciting match I’ve ever been at. Momentum ebbed and flowed. A great night & the ground was rocking.

2 - Munster final 2013. Amazing occasion. Badly needed silverware. The last five minutes when you knew we had it and could relax. Magic.

1 - Condon. That catch. Owens. Arms outstretched. Yes. Fucking yes.

9 Likes

:smile:

Needs a thread of its own

Pat Ryan’s goal against Cork for me. I knew we had them then, and I knew we’d win the All Ireland after.

1 Like

Limerick team named for the McGrath Cup game vs Clare

LIMERICK : Donal O’Sullivan (Monaleen); Garrett Noonan (Dromcollogher-Broadford), Brian Fanning (Pallasgreen), Mike Donovan (Galbally); Robbie Childs (Galtee Gaels), Iain Corbett (Newcastle West), Tony McCarthy (Kildimo-Pallaskenry); Tommy Griffin (Gerald Griffins), Josh Ryan (Oola); Padraig de Brun (Firies), Cillian Fahy (Dromcollogher-Broadford), Seamus O’Carroll (Castleknock, Co Dublin); Jamie Lee (Newcastle West), Pat Begley (Mungret St Pauls), Danny Neville (Ballysteen).

1 Like

Few more other notable ones.

Munster u-21 final in Ennis in 2015. Clare going for four in a row. I’d say we had only about 500 fans there that night. Malachy was unreal at corner forward.

2017 U-21 final. Beating kilkenny at anything has always been rare enough for us.

Tom Morrissey point v Kilkenny in 2018. :heart_eyes:

Seamus Hickey point v Tipp in Thurles 2014. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Bob Childs a newcomer; Josh Ryan & Neville back.

Where is that on?

Mick Neville Park

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: