Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

We went fifteen minutes without a score in the second half. The old limerick failing. It was lost there.

4 Likes

Spot on and To be honest with 10 minutes left Lk looked utterly doomed and lacked any shape . Kk gassed a bit then and we got a goal out of the blue . Overall Kk were a bit better but they were a bang average outfit last year .

2 Likes

I think it’s called over confidence & lack of respect for the opposition pal.

You should still be able to adjust in game to the oppositions tactics.

That’s very simplistic. Kk done simple stuff like showing gillane onto his weaker side. He is much less accurate. It increases the chance of a wide. We shooting from areas we didn’t usually shoot from. Again that was down to Cody and his players.

Brains Trust failure, it happens

It drives me insane to see all these fellas in the side line and yet no answers. Even the Hannon decision. Did it go to a vote or what. Who takes responsibility? Everyone is passing the buck and more and more the players become brainless drones almost unable to think on their feet. Limerick had no plan b is the simple fact and that isn’t good enough at that level.

I never watched it back but from memory Kilkenny were comfortable up to Dowling’s goal with about ten minutes left. I remember Barry Nash got turned over for a point in our own half backline at one stage and knew the game was up.

As with any Kiely team they showed good spirit to keep going but the better team on the day won.

2 Likes

Sheedy & Co learned a huge amount from the LK Brains Trust.

It’s a simple game. Put the ball over the bar or into the back of the net. No ifs no buts.

2 Likes

Tipp were miles ahead. They would have devoured Limerick in the final as well.

Hip it and whip it

Graeme getting hooked just before half time felt like one of those days moments.

Graeme was our best player by a mile that day . He was heroic and only for him …

1 Like

He wasn’t really. He was industrious. It’s a classic overreaction to be calling that performance heroic.

Ya , whatever

Huh? I didnt think they were great in the final at all ---- KK were just poor and Tipp did enough.

I’d agree with that himself and gillane the only two forwards really to have a good game but was forced to play too deep i felt. Tipp would have won the final regardless

Tipp were bang average in the first half & that hook on Fennelly by John McGrath was a major factor in halting KK momentum. That and the assault of Cathal Barrett.

1 Like

The assault was the main catalyst.