16. Nicky Quaid (Effin)
  17. Jerome Boylan (Na Piarsaigh)
  18. Mike Casey (Na Piarsaigh)
  19. Seán Finn (Bruff)
  20. Aaron Gillane (Patrickswell)
  21. Gearoid Hegarty (St. Patrick’s)
  22. Brian O’Grady (Kilteely-Dromkeen)
  23. Mark Quinlan (Garryspillane)

The Jim Bob-coached Garryspillane juniors are in the Munster Final on Saturday.

2 Likes

Kyle Hayes injured?

1 Like

Interesting they are keeping DOD in the half forward line. Early days yet but if lads nail down their positions early with good performances they’ve tended to hold onto the jersey.

He’s been superb in the two games so far; it’s very very early but he’s been our best player to date. Good to see him start the year in form after a mixed season last year.

1 Like

Playing colleges?

He’s in college?

UL- Kyle
LIT- Peter Casey, DOC
UCC- POL, Conor Boylan, Connolly
DCU- Brian Ryan
UCD- Flanagan

Jason Gillane might be in Mary I too? Are there any others?

Playing with ul this weekend.

Is he working as a barman there?

I’d say this will be kyles third year in college and first time playing with them. It’ll be interesting to see the effect it has on his form.

Bouncer

Yes it’s an interesting position for him. He’s an intelligent player. I felt Hegos position was under threat. Delighted to see Barry Nash get a run as well.

Would he be able to handle himself as well as his brother?

He played there a bit in 2017 under Kiely and did well. If Hego plays as well as he did in 2019, I don’t think he’ll lose his place. But DOD is a different type of player. Morrissey has also started the season excellently.

I thought Nash was poor enough against Tipp; despite flashes, he lost the ball way too much for a centre-back and didn’t look comfortable sitting in the pocket. But he was much better against Clare when he had the freedom to bomb forward.

The brother Patsy?

I’d have set Tom was under most pressure. Hego was unreal in 2019 and is a prototype Kiely player

1 Like

I think hegarty struggles to make an impact at the very highest level being honest. Morrissey isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he’s great hands and a lovely strike. We badly need him in form. Would DOD, Kyle and Tom M have The right balance? I think it could. DOD sidelines cuts and long range point taking are pluses too.

2 Likes

I thought his name was Colt Seavers?

Tom was the best of them in 2018 and is the biggest scoring threat; but he was by far the poorest in 2019. Disagree on Hego, I think he’s unreal and he’s a real leader aswell.

Look, competition for places is what we all want. Hopefully Flanagan can get back to form too and really push for a spot inside.

Reidy, Costello & Hanley have all been good so far too.

2 Likes