Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Barry Nash didn’t put a foot wrong.

Unfortunately I don’t think Hanley is up to it.

Ah Lynch was different class tonight I thought. Tries the outlandish things sometimes and it doesn’t work, but I would hate for that free-spiritedness to be bet out of him. If I had one criticism of him, it’s still that he doesn’t go for his own score enough.

He hit 3 awful wides tonight when he did

He was far from the only one, we hit a hape of wides in the first half.

Lynch hit a shocker of a wide in the second half but in fairness, apart from that, we were pretty much deadly accurate. Compared to the first half where we were missing really handy scores.

Now, Cork made it easy for us too. They seemed to give up. We murdered their puckout.

I’m over the moon for David reidy and hope he gets a run in championship. This must be his seventh year on the panel and I don’t think he’s started a championship game yet. A very good hurler.

2 Likes

It looked like mul and reidy dropped deep first half and DOD went midfield.

DOD looked to be playing centre forward second half and dempsey looked to be playing closer to goal

Robbie did fine. A run of games isball angood few of these lads need.
I:d be fan of Dempsey since his U21days. Great to see him play well

1 Like

The game passed Hanley by I thought and the few balls he got he looked flustered

Yeah, first half, Gillane was practically on his own inside the '45 with a Cork back sitting in front of him as well as Cadogan up his hole. Although he was probably on top in the battle, I think we were too deep.

Reidy was still nominally in the full-forward line but was withdrawn. DOD was mainly operating down the right-hand side but was in his own half as much as he was in the opposition half. If DOD is named at wing-forward, that’s how he will play. A lot of his game will be based around trying to draw the left wing-back up the pitch at puckout time so the ball can go into that space. His movement in general is excellent tbf to him.

Dempsey switched with Reidy at half-time and he did play a lot higher up the pitch. He had got two good points in the first half but his work rate was sensational in the second half.

1 Like

Nash and Dempsey linked up very well at times.

What did Dempsey get, 0-4, fouled for a few more and set up a few more on top of it. Nash got 0-2 and set up a load.

1 Like

How many players were missing tonight due to college commitments? Daly kept banging on about Cork were down loads for the fitzgibbon on the examiners commentry

Tom Morrissey for the goal chance. Jaysus Christ.

Next ball then he throws up the ball in 5 yards of space and manages to get blocked

Cunningham said Cork were missing 21 before the match.

Any links to watch this match lads?

Cork had about 9 of their starting 15 playing. They had 2 more on the sideline

The examiner will probably have the link below the match report. Or go to the examiner sport Facebook site.

1 Like

Thanks Balbec.

Limerick have 9 playing Fitzgibbon tomorrow- Darren, Kyle, Josh, Flanagan, POL, Boylan Snr, Gillane Jnr, Connolly, Brian Ryan. Peter Casey would be except he’s injured.

We were without Quaid, Hannon, WOD, Mike Casey too.