Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

No Dowling, no party.

I see lads are going heavy with recent history too, Lucey was a better FB than Richie Mc IMO, plenty will disagree but i’m happy to stick to my guns.

Quaid
Finn
McCarthy
Reale
Hickey
Hannon
GOM
Lynch
DOG
Hegarty
Hayes
O Moran
Shaughs
The Dow
Mul

2 Likes

You cant ignore lads that actually won it out either … For me GOM has to be there. Dowling too.

Ah lucey wasn’t. He was too soft. Got cleaned way too many times. Remember 08 v clare.

1 Like

He got cleaned on numerous occasions.

Quaid has better ‘nerves’

Pretty much every full back will get cleaned sometime, usually when the team is being beaten out the field. McCarthy did a couple of times but in my view he was never the reason we lost a game. Lucey the same for me. Toss of a coin between Richie and Lucey for me. Limerick have had some run of quality full backs. Casey is top notch and could overtake both.

He absolutely lit up 2007 as a teenager too. And won all stars in different lines of the field. Reale spent longer as a corner back and was great but he didn’t reach the heights hickey did, a fantastic player.

There was more dog in Richie though even when he was beaten he still battled. If lucey got beat early it was curtains. He would never turn the tide.

Agree to disagree. There were many games when Lucey held back the tide from full back.

Honourable mention to Geary too. Never the most showy hurler but a top centre back for a long time.

Ya geary was unlucky too. I thought you’d go for Paul Browne.

Pick & mix 15.
Quaid
Reale
TJ
Finn
Hickey
Carey
Foley
Lynch
Dodge
Hannon
O Moran
Heggo
Shaughs
Dowling
Mul

Big fan of Browne but can’t really omit Dodge or Lynch. It gets really interesting if you extend it back as far as 94, mcdonagh, TJ and Quigley hard to leave out and Carey edges out dodge unless you put Carey centre back and then Hannon would have to go half forward. Gets very complicated.

Forget the team name the best Limerick corner back of the last 30 years.

Reale, Finn or McDonagh. Must be something in the water in South Limerick.
TJ, Richie & Lucey from the South as well

2 Likes

Hickey.

What about him?

A team of lads who gave everything for the cause. Not the best/fastest/most successful. Everything.

Nickie

Reale
Richie
Finn

Wayne
Geary
Foley

Browne
Jimbob

Dow
Ollie
Banger

Mul
Frankie :ronnyroar:
Houla :joy:

What a finish! :rofl:

(We were short hard working forwards for years… they were hard to motivate in fairness, what with the long, high and wide ‘deliveries’ (shots) :face_with_hand_over_mouth: they had to endure)

Finn all day long.

2 Likes

And twice on Sundays