Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

No I’m saying he was destroyed and the game was over by ten minutes. He done ok in the second half but Kilkenny just toyed with limerick. when the game was there to be won he was cleaned over and over again.

Id also add if you consider lawlors effort in the final as being a great game I’d genuinely hate to see a limerick player have a bad game in your eyes.

Well that’s absolute bullshit. Kilkenny never toyed with anyone under Cody. If they could beat you by 40 points they’d be sickened it wasn’t by 50

What’s absolute bull shit is that you think lawlor had a great game in the final.

he did. a game is 70 minutes. I think he came off with 2 or 3 minutes to go, but for the majority of the game he was marking one of the most natural hurlers in the country and he got a few points off him when Kilkenny were absolutely on top. That doesn’t mean he didn’t have a great game.

Deccie had a great game in the final 2018 and Joe got 3 points off him. Do you agree?

[quote=“Thomas_Brady, post:6651, topic:28831”]/DO’G
[/quote]

Were you in Dodges class at school? I played rugby with him at Shannon, sound skin. He had a bit messing about him that you never see come through in his public persona, gas man

I would go

Quaid
Finn
Richie
Reale
GOM
Geary
Hannon
Dodge
Lynch
Kyler
Moran
Dow
Mulcahy
Gillane
Shocks

Finn has the potential to go down as one of our greatest ever players. No way does English get in ahead, or Reale if it came down to it. Finn is 24 but was my first name on that 15.

1 Like

Also lads, the greatest minor team ever not to win an all ireland? :joy:. Certainly in this century

3 Likes

Quaid
Finn
Casey
English
Byrnes
Hannon
O’Mahoney
Dodge
Lynch
Ollie
Hayes
Hegarty
Mulcahy
Gillane
Shocks

Right, here’s my go at a Limerick hurling team of my lifetime. The first season I remember anything clearly of is 1994, I remember a hiding below in cork in the first round of 93 I think. I’ve listed my candidates for each line, others will have other candidates but I’m only listing the ones I really wish I could include and that in my view could merit inclusion ahead of some of my picks. For example houla or Browne are never getting in ahead of dodge Carey and lynch so aren’t listed for me.

Goals: Nickie Quaid, Joe Quaid.

Full back line: Finn, McCarthy, Hickey, Casey, Lucey, English, McDonagh, Reale, TJ.

Half back line: Gavin O’Mahony, Carey, Foley, Geary, Hannon, hegarty.

Midfield: Carey Dodge Lynch

Half forward line: Hannon O Moran Hayes Dowling TJ

Full forward line: Shaughs Dowling Mulcahy Gillane Quigley

The hardest part was where to put Carey. If he goes centre back Hannon has to be shoved up half forward and I have to leave someone out there, if midfield dodge or lynch lose out. In the end I’ve gone for Carey at 6 so that I can accommodate dodge at midfield with Hannon pushed to wing forward and Hayes being edged out. Hannon had to be included so it was Hayes or dodge to lose out for me.

TJ should be there somewhere for all his service but I can’t find a place for him in the full back line or in the forwards. Dowling has to be in and preferably full forward but we’ve too many full forwards now so he’s on the wing. Shaughs is up there with Carey as being a cert. Mulcahy gets in for his length of service and consistency and I have to go for squid ahead of Gillane for the last spot, I loved that team of the 90s and after Carey Quigley was my favourite. Give Gillane two more seasons and I’ll probably give up and accept him and the same will go for Hayes and possibly Casey for the full back line I’d say.

N Quaid
Finn McCarthy Hickey
Foley Carey O’Mahony
DOG Lynch
Hannon O Moran Dowling
Mulcahy Shaughs Quigley

I’d be happy out if we put out that front 6 for a league semi final.

1 Like

As well as the fact Gillane was an unused sub that day

I stood there at the Clare game in 07 going “ah”.

You had me until Quigley…

1 Like

No Dow, no party.

Did he score 2-3 in an AIF?

He did yes. Did he score that combined in the rest of his career?

I dont think so.

A poor mans Mike Galligan

Nicky Quaid
Sean Finn
Leonard Enright
Steve MacDonagh
Sean Foley
Declan Hannon
Mark Foley
Ciaran Carey
Cian Lynch
Richie Bennis
Gary Kirby
Blondey
Shocks
Joe McKenna
Graeme Mulcahy

Subs
tommy Quaid
Pat Hartigan
Damian Reale
Eamonn Grimes
iron Mike
Seamus Flanagan
The Dow

I moved around a few to accommodate

3 Likes

We’ve had some great ones but it’s Finn, every day of the week.