Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Declan Hannon or Cian Lynch.

Shaughs .

Has to be. And by a distance

1 Like

By a mile . To be honest Lk had many barren years at the grade . Some awful stuffings . I think a lot of lads look at this through a prism of 2018

A team from my lifetime would be along similar lines as some posted here. I only got the latter end of the careers of Kirby, Carey, McDonagh and Houlihan; not enough for them to make the team.

1. Nicky Quaid- No contest imo. Pure class.
  2. Sean Finn- Probably the best corner-back I’ve ever seen.
  3. Richie McCarthy- Just ahead of Casey, Teeje & Lucey.
  4. Damien Reale- 50/50 with him & Hickey
  5. Diarmuid Byrnes- Tough choice, but he’s such a huge part of the way we play and has delivered some top class performances
  6. Declan Hannon- Geary was really good too, but Dec is different class.
  7. Gavin O’Mahony- Again, Hickey could have sneaked in here but Gavin was consistently very good over the course of his career.
  8. Donal O’Grady- Browney/Jim-Bob run him close, DOD & WOD will in time
  9. Cian Lynch- Nailed-on
  10. Ollie Moran- I feel like we struggled with half-forwards for years, but Ollie was unreal
  11. Kyle Hayes- Just about ahead of Hego.
  12. Shane Dowling- Some scorer.
  13. Andrew O’Shaughnessy- What a player
  14. Aaron Gillane- I love Shaughs & Mul but the swagger of Gillane in full flow is something else.
  15. Graeme Mulcahy- Arguably the best performer of the lot in my lifetime

Hickey is probably the player most unfortunate to lose out. Paul Browne then.

5 Likes

I’ll admit I wouldn’t have got them all if the time had been a little less generous.

Couldn’t get three

‘10,’16 &’18 :man_shrugging:t2:

10 and 16 are tough.

I actually remember those finals particularly well.

2012 & 2013 are probably the finals I remember least off the top of my head but only one goal between the two of them and I got that by getting another final.

Couldn’t remember the second NaP goal in 2018 either, but plugged in the names and got it.

Agreed. And dare I say it, Cathal O’Neill fom last year and 2018 was unbelievable.

Take Mulchahy out and that’s decidedly average I’m sure you must agree

Hard as fucking nails, take no prisoners Limerick 15

1. Colin Ryan Malachy
  2. S McDonagh
  3. TJ Ryan
  4. Tom Condon
  5. Davy Clarke
  6. Brian Geary
  7. Clem Smith
  8. Mike Houlihan (Captain!)
  9. Donal O’Grady
  10. Jim Bob Ryan
  11. Kyle Hayes
  12. Mike O’Brien
  13. Donie Ryan
  14. John Paul Sheahan
  15. Seamus Flanagan
2 Likes

Seamie Flanagan’s father, Johnny, was one of the hardest hoors I ever saw in a green jersey. You could flake him all day and he’d be back for more. Well able to give it out too.

Honourable mentions for sheer toughness to Leonard Enright, Sean O’Neill, Terence Kenny (and his brother at club level), Pat Herbert, Sean Foley, Don Flynn and Blondie, amongst others.

3 Likes

Drawn game up now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My old fella always said John Flanagan wss the best non scoring forward he’d seen. Not sure that’s a compliment. He loved his style of play if you know what I mean.

And they bred them tough in that club.

You wouldn’t be able to fault that team for effort anyway. Great winter hurling team.

Two years ago it would not have been a strong side and he almost single handedly got them out of Munster. He is a really good player with all the ingredients to be a solid option in the future the team.

Who’s Blondie, boys?