Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Last year’s Munster minor championship was a very poor standard . The two finalists were tbh also rans in the AI series

Craygan

1 Like

The greatest they ever had, best senior, best minor, best footballer as well

Very serious fella though, Eamonn Cregan

1 Like

I think you are right but Clare gave Galway loads if it in their game. We had a poor start against Kilkenny and our decision making was poor. They were a better drilled team with a more set outfit where Limerick looked like they had two or three lads who could step up to a higher level of hurling. Galway were miles better than the rest.

1 Like

My dad is a T*pp man who hates giving Limerick credit for anything hurling-wise but he once told me Cregan was the best he ever saw.

4 Likes

It was disappointing to lose the semi-final obviously but I would draw definite comparisons between the 2019 side and the 2013/2014 teams. They seriously underperformed on the day but I think there is a lot of real talent there that will make an impact at the highest level.

2 Likes

He carried a lot of Limerick teams on his own.

1 Like

There are 3 or 4 in that team might make the jump . It is harder to judge minors as potential seniors with the move to 17 ( it was bloody hard at 18) . To be honest the best Harty Cup players are now 18 or 19.

The standard in Munster last 2 years wasn’t great if truth told .

Himself and Big Joe were a lethal combo in 1980 and 81 which are my first real memories of going to matches.

1 Like

Even more sickening than the replay!

Back when club football was good

1 Like

It was some game in fairness, very high quality. The quality is there today but with the defensive football across the board, teams aren’t good enough to break down defences properly

One for the more football heads

You’d have Geary down as harder than Carey?

19/23

Probably 2 there that I’d never have got in a million years.

2 Likes

Very impressive.

Ciarán was a tough fucker but he had too much Hurling to put into that 15! Geary was a tough cunt. A hard physical bastard who loved that side of it, absolute block of a man who knew how to time a shoulder, creased many a man

Geary was physically bigger and maybe stronger. Fucker had the physique to play any sport

But specifically in terms “Hard as fucking nails, take no prisoners Limerick 15”, no way I could look to lucey over Carey. Ciaran was as tough as boot leather at a time of abundant hardshaws. He’d ate lucey without salt and that is meant as no slight at all on Lucey.

I never mentioned Lucey mate. I said Geary. As I said, Ciarán wasn’t included because he was more of a classy hurler than the type of player I was jokingly including in that team.

Dodge shouldn’t be there either to be honest but I was stuck for a midfielder