Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Sorry, sorry, interchangeable names in my head for whatever reason

Point still remains tho, you’d say Geary was ahead of Carey in the hardness dept? I’m probably misty eyed where I was a teenager in awe watching Carey play versus being in the company of Geary once or twice.

Ken McGrath for me is probably the best hurler I’ve ever seen and was a better version of ciaran- could hurl with anyone but tough as teak competitor, happy to play both sides.of the ball. I just don’t see that raw toughness standout in Geary. I wouldn’t have him in same weight division as Carey in terms of pure dog.

Dodge, while no shrinking violet, was definitely not a guy you’d put in the hard division! Lovely guy, great competitor and full of character but in terms of pure hard XV Willy O’Donoghue gets more return from play in terms of toughness than Dodge. Unfortunately, Willy relies on toughness and turning over ball at which point he doesn’t seem like he wants the ball at inter county level. a handpass is his most immediate thought; all hammer, no silk. But in terms of hardness xv, I’d say dodge would happily cede that one.

1 Like

No doubt about it, O’Donoghue is a beast, real work rate and just pops it off, no hurler in the country could match him physically.

1 Like

WOD didn’t do the boxing that time, did he?

Carey to midfield instead of dodge

The Na p lads were on club duty

1 Like

Sean was a sound man, RIP

1 Like

What pitch is it?

Edit: Askeaton

2-8 to 0-5. Ballingarry lost it all

5 Likes

Post deleted…

I know there’s no intended badness in your post but that could make a lot of people worried! Maybe best to delete just in case! I’m sure it’ll come out in time!

Yes, not from Covid. Heart related.

Which one? As I was friendly with one of them.

Don’t know.

It was Ger, an old buddie of mine.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

To be honest I haven’t seen him in a few years. He was young enough with three kids.

1 Like

Very sad.

Desperate. Sick when I heard it. A grand fella.

5 Likes