Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Henry Martin is what I’d call a genuine limerick gaa man. Not a Jp mcmanus fan boy who had to change the stat nav from Thomond park to the Gaelic grounds in the middle of 2018. If there was more fellas like Henry involved from the bottom to the top we’d be in a much better place.

Fuck off Henry, egomaniac

Henry Martin has a sweet tooth.

2 Likes

:smile:

wasn’t there some mad man on here following him around Mary I and logging what he bought in the shop. There was a thread on it I think.

Was he living below around the shop taking in the views? I must root out that thread.

You’d miss your man, he was some man for watching what was going on around Limerick. That was before he got his wings clipped the poor cunt.

The story always struck me as bizarre. Whatever about the photoshopping, but the actual decision to cut the panel before a County Final; it just seems really odd.

That’s the little clubs for you.

Garryspillane is probably the most political club in the county. It’s a far bigger club membership wise too than many clubs around. I’d love to see their non playing membership numbers.

“One particular well known family”.

3 Likes

Watch it you, I work with a few of those :wink:

I had to help them put in the new Sat Nav location

1 Like

Then yuppies wouldn’t worry me. The Same fellas that were calling Jp a hero a few months are very quiet on his week long trip to Cheltenham last month.

There one political party in town and they rule. You are either in 100% or you are outside the loop. Opting out is not an option. Total support is expected regardless of the matter at hand. However the young breed of player are starting to think differently and there will be interesting times ahead.

I remember a few years ago being among a gathering near the dressingrooms at a young lads game. There was a loud chant coming from the dressingroom to the source of great amusement to the gathering. The adult would lead and the players would reply in unison

“Who is going to win”,
“We are going to win”, etc.

Then there were a few more lines and then came the real punchline

“Who are we?”,

Naturally everyone would have expected a response of
“We are the Bouncers”, “We are Garryspillane” or some such response

The real response in a real slip of the tongue moment you wished someone had a phone recording was

“We are the [Family Surname]”

TNH

4 Likes

Any club cutting players from a panel are a disgrace, completely against the ethos of the organisation

2 Likes

If lads aren’t up to it, it’s ok to drop them back a grade, if there are other teams. But agreed. Cutting lads off a panel is shitty behaviour

Agreed and particularly in gaa clubs where the communities can be small and falling out with anybody can be very costly. If lads do the training regardless of their ability they should be allowed on the panel.

Will Garryspillanes all conquering minor teams of recent years challenge Na Piarsaigh at senior in the next few years or are they going backwards?

Sure every panel outside the top level have lads that aren’t great, never get a run outside challenges, but those lads are the ones who’ll be at every training session

3 Likes

They’ll win a senior but it’ll be three or four years I’d say. Nap don’t have too much coming through so it’ll depend on who they lose. Breen has been a big loss. Probably rely on dowling now too much particularly in the winter conditions.