Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Garryspillane are losing lads out the backdoor. Na piarsaigh had a production line for a while. Theres usually a natural fall off after minor as well.

Ah yeah you don’t have to pick them or anything, even if its number 34 or 40 or whatever they should be on the panel if they want to be, while actually playing at a lower level

4 Likes

Yep but you’ve a special brand of ass hole coaching club teams at the moment who are usually ego maniacs and love cutting players and that sort of thing.

I can see the coaches point of view here too.

It’s incredibly frustrating running a drill, and you’ve some lurch going around standing on feet and clattering the ball out of the drill. It frustrates the fuck out of better players too

I’m a traditionalist. I’d love to see outside managers banned at all levels. It’s nuts to hear the money changing hands and a bit sickening. the club game is about community and that’s what makes it special for me.

They haven’t been great this year at u21 level but still young . It will take more than a one off team at underage to sustain a serious senior team.

It was a serious team and will backbone their seniors for years. Actually winning a senior county is another matter altogether, especially with how strong the likes of Na Piarsaigh are. Doon have had a continuous production line at underage too.

That was a joke though,
What Is wrong with these pictures taken from the match programme? How pissed off must these fellas have been, their families?

There is no defending that

It’s one thing cutting fellas who aren’t training, they’re not really on the panel to begin with.

But to cut fellas who are turning up, when most clubs are struggling for numbers, is mad.

Doing it just before a county final, after training all year, is absolutely outrageous tbh.

2 Likes

That has to be bull.

We have both played ball at a good level, it can be frustrating but a team is made up of many different types of player. Some can be the worst player but great for morale. We had a lad score a goal one day in a match which defines our club for a decade and he was absolutely septic, he has this forever which is huge for him. The main part of sport is team and team ethics.

4 Likes

It is that balancing act which is so hard. I have seen both approaches working and failing

The main part of sport is winning. I get your sentiment, and I agree team morale is huge. But if there are lads that are holding back other ambitious lads, that can have a huge drain on morale too.

I’ve seen it with lads I’ve coached. It’s a frustration more than anything. You’ve got to tailor the coaching for the weaker lads or else the entire session is fucked.

You can’t separate the panel by ability either. That’s a no go.

Ordinarily I’d quote @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy here and move on, but I’d almost be afraid he’d read it.

Gas cunts.

Can you ladybird this for me?

Some lad that that nobody has ever heard of got into a team photo when he shouldn’t have ?

And someone is posting a passionate defence of this 15 years later

2 Likes

It meant so much

That line about drills breaking down and holding the better players back has been produced in different discussions over the years. It is actually a very good line to throw out in these situations because there is no video evidence of club sessions in those days. The only observation I would make was that it is bit late to be getting rid of lads when the training has already scaled down before the game.

I must actually chat Henry Martin about it but he is gone very tight lipped about this sort of stuff. There is probably a sense of shame there, a sense of embarrassment.

Either way the whole saga made little sense 15 years ago and makes less sense today.

Most certainly not a passionate defence. Would I have done what he did back in the day. I most certainly would not.

My post is a summary of a story that was tasty and juicy all those years ago on the old An Fear Rua bogsite. We are all moving on in age and memories are fading, stories like this drift from the mind. You would have needed to be on that site at the time to appreciate the memories that flood back about those times.

There were great stories about that time that I recalled over the phone last night. The Photobucket controversy, PM O Sullivan riding the Girl from Golden but refusing to ride her until she put on her brothers tipperary jersey first, the lad hiding under the bed who had a search team out for him, but this particular story topped them all. It was manna from heaven

Some lads are just so useless though, they need cutting

1 Like