Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

It happened but to be fair it was merely a slip of the tongue rather than anything premeditated. It can happen in the heat of the moment

Just to confirm? He was in a photograph he shouldn’t have been?

1 Like

Patrickswell, Na Piarsaigh and Doon have been producing multiple premier underage teams year after year. Kilmallock have slipped at underage. The bouncers won two titles in a row with mainly the same team. That will get them so far and not many other clubs seem to be winning or competing for these underage titles so that pushes you up the rankings but you also need more.

Patrickswell did not have the depth to win premier competitions but were getting individual players from the teams. Doon have won minor and u21 but when they get down to the knockout stages they lose their nerve. Na Piarsaigh have a ready made team for new players to walk on to and have intermediate subs that would walk onto a lot of other senior teams.

The bouncers have traditionally delved into the transfer market and this has brought them success but players seem to stick with their own clubs now and don’t transfer as much. The day of the high profile player leaving a junior club seems to have died because minors nearly all go on to college now and cannot join another club at 18 because they work in the area.

That depends on who you talk to. Some say yay, some say nay

I’m not defending what Garryspillane did nor would I try to.

I still don’t get it

Some lad dropped = so what
Some lad being in a photo he shouldn’t = so what

1 Like

Refer that to whoever started the whole thing a good few posts back

The some lad is an outspoken local journalist.

Having kept them all year, the week of a county final is not the time to do it.

I am/was shite but if I had been training away all year and had been on the panel, I’d expect to be allowed tog out at least.

And the author of an outspoken book on Limerick GAA matters

He has drifted away, by my god was he value for money when he was at his peak

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy hates spud hockey and rural types.

He won’t get this thread at all

He’s a limerick gaa legend.

Personally I wouldn’t tog out unless I had a chance of playing. But I always was a selfish cunt. If I was made as a sub when I was younger, I wouldn’t tog out. I’d better things to be doing in my arrogance than watching a shit match

Yea, you…

If I remember rightly it was used as a motivation factor to get, not only the team battling for places, but to get the subs battling for places also. Thereby getting lads out of their comfort zones and raising the overall level.

I’m surprised @EastLimerickAbu didn’t know this.

Found the programme from the ballygunner match.

You could well be right, but that would be more of an ongoing thing rather than a last minute thing. If lads are in a comfort zone in the week of the County Final they dont have much business playing the game in the first place

If I remember right they actually made a bad job of the photoshop and it looked like a photoshop job and it got well publicised because of it.

There had to be a better and way of reprimanding him that didnt reflect back on themselves as much

Glad youre finally able to ladybird some stuff yourself for a change

Its unreal what a “pandemic” can bring from out of the woods.