Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Yeah but it needed a disaster, in my opinion, to shame them into sorting things out

1 Like

The Justin farce was brought to us by the same power base that underwrites the current professional set up from field to fork so to speak . Without it the GAA in Limerick was a basket case . You had to take the whole packet .

When Justin came to Lk the general consensus at the time was we were getting near on the best and those ungrateful badge kissers in Waterford didn’t realise they had in so good .

County championship draws for senior, Premier intermediate and intermediate hurling and senior and intermediate football live on favebook 9.30 tonight

2 Likes

Box office viewing

1 Like

They are good examples tbf; I don’t think any of the others are really.

Hannon had a few very good games in the forwards (Kilkenny in 2014 being the obvious standout) but in general, hadn’t lived up to his potential in the forwards and he just looks class and composed now. I wasn’t sure the switch would work but it was probably more down to a loss of confidence than anything else.

Teeje only moved back towards the end of his career really; Moran & Begley in the backs were strange ones considering we were missing players up front in those times.

Nash is a weird one because you would say his best skill in running at goal. But then the Liberties boys did say he was a great half-back long before Kiely played him there. I suppose you then look at what his weakest attribute is- and it’s probably effective tackling (I don’t want to be too harsh and say work rate). Half-backs just don’t have to make as many tackles, plain and simple. Look at Byrnes, Mark Foley, Gavin, etc.

1 Like

Sin é

The Michael Darragh Macauley of hurling.

You’re thinking of Michael Breen lad

Limerick declared league champions for 2020.

8 Likes

Two-in-a-row, a terrific achievement.

7 Likes

What date are the 21s matches back again?

15th July I think?

1 Like

The Dow :disappointed_relieved:

Gutted to hear this, he’ll be a big loss.

A super player for us. He won the lot - National League, Munster, All-Ireland and World Series. And an All Star.

Pulled the 2018 semi final out of the fire for us almost single handedly.

16 Likes

I told you 6 months ago the Dow wouldnt hurl with Limerick again… I was scoffed at.

Thank you Shane. And the best of luck in retirement.

2 Likes

Ah no😢 Best of luck Shane.

Cult icon, heroic on the field, lovely fella & one of our own.
At least he Walks away with some haul of medals

1 Like

Genuinely sad news. The best forward we’ve had in my lifetime. The amount of times he came up with match winning plays or goals or simply did things that very very few other players can do is amazing. No AI win without him and that’s for certain.

1 Like

A great bit of stuff. Unreal stick man. Fantastic ambassador for Limerick hurling. And scored some outrageous goals and points in his day.

Thankfully he’s not retiring without a decent set of medals

2 Likes

Is this over the hip injury ? Or just walking away?

:cry:

What a player for us he was. He had to work incredibly hard in recent years to get himself to the required level. A brilliant player.

Harty Cup, Munster U21, National Hurling League, Munster Senior Championship x2, All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship, All Star, Limerick’s top scorer of all time. And that’s not even mentioning what he has won with his club, an eye watering medal haul.

:clap: The Dow

12 Likes