Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

Knee cartilage problems. They just couldn’t fix it unfortunately.

1 Like

Knee he said … From what i could gather he just couldn’t rehab after last op - just wasnt going for him and he could push hi mself but he’d be back with another op in no time … A club man of his told me in Feb that he wouldnt be back this year — Sadly it’s for good now.

1 Like

The goal against Tipp in 2014 :ronnyroar:

3 Likes

That’s a pity and I hope it doesn’t impact the rest of his life. Dowling had some temperament for the big day. One of my favourite scores of his was 2012
Against Kilkenny. He got a beautiful point in front of the new stand.

2 Likes

He’d make a great goalie

1 Like

Awful loss. He was a big game player and made an impact from the bench always

1 Like

I’m almost certain dowling got a yellow card in an under tens game against Mungret or Milford I forget which inside the Gaelic grounds At the blitz. It was being played across the pitch and he was able to pop the ball onto the roof of the Mackey stand. I remember being in total awe of it at a young age.

He really was mr na Piarsigh as well. Think his dad was on the original nap junior team.

I’d have little doubts if he was introduced earlier versus Kilkenny last year and was allowed to take the frees when he came on we’d have won.

1 Like

The one armed point against KK in 2014 was something else

8 Likes

His cameo against Slaughtneil when Na Piarsaigh were down to 13 men was one of his finest hours.

A true Laochra Gael.

3 Likes

A loss to the Limerick team . Seen him hit some amazing shots at the posts down the years for club & county . Mighty strength in his hands no doubt. Best of luck Shane .

5 Likes

He got an absolutely superb point on the day of his debut in Thurles v Tipp in 2012, think he hit 3 points that day from wing forward at 18 years of age. So many big moments from him. Coming on v Cork in the Semi Final 2018 and single handedly turning the game, immediately nailing a free from miles out near the sideline within seconds of coming on. Winning the penalty against Cork himself before standing up and absolutely burying it. The one handed point v Kilkenny 2014. The goal v Tipp in Thurles 2014. The finish v Kilkenny last year. That goal for Na Piarsaigh v Slaughtneill.

A class act and a unique hurler.

2 Likes

Is he retiring from club too?

A great player, big big loss. The point v kilkenny in 2014 and the goal against them last year stand out, both into the canal end. Goal v tipp cunts in 2014, another goal for Na Piarsaigh in an All Ireland semi final I think in Parnell Park following a block down and a flick. He had the ability to do things few others in the game could try

2 Likes

Some of the goals he scored I think Joe canning is the only other player on the game who could have scored them.

1 Like

Was up against it after the latest injury and while he was given a glimmer of hope in February alas it’s not to be. Owes us absolutely nothing for the club and county. As mentioned above he’s achieved the success his talent deserved that a lot of great players don’t get to experience. An overused term but he had the X factor and one of the greatest forwards we ever produced. At least he went out on his own terms and at the top.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the Dow’s retirement. Great talent and a pity to see him leave the Inter-County scene at the age of just 27.

That was fair class all the same.

4 Likes

I always considered him a scorer of great goals as opposed to a great goal scorer. I’m Surprised he retires as limericks highest point scorer particularly when he was a sub so often.

The only positive thing is Limerick mightn’t be losing as many sliotars now

1 Like

A media career is next

2 Likes