Limerick GAA - Fuck bogball

:smiley:

2 Likes

The Dow was on OTB AM. The pod is up now.

The all Ireland will be won for Dowlores this year

It’s in your net, in your net, Dowling, Dowling, Dowling-ing-ing

1 Like

The Dow would be a good goalie. Did he play in goal underage for Limerick?

Was he a on a Minor Panel at 16 as a sub keeper but actually came on at wing forward? I’ve a vague recollection

He played in goals for the 14s but maybe it was blitz’s.

I think this man speaks for us all. Beautiful song.

2 Likes

Just watched Dowlings goal against KK last year there. you’ll never see a goal like that again, improvisation. He got one for NP I think in a club AI SF where he scooped it up and vollyed it into the top cornor which was savage too

3 Likes

He was some man to improvise.

He scored a one handed point against Kilkenny on the wet day in 2014.

1 Like

To be fair he fitted an enormous amount of hurling in by 27. Probably too much looking back now. With Na P’s regular long club runs post Christmas he never really got a proper rest. From ASR to now the only breaks he got were injury induced.

The 2013 Munster semi final at home to Tipp. Came on and scored an absolutely outrageous free from miles out. One of those frees where it hung in the air forever before dropping over the black spot. Think it either levelled it or put Limerick a point up.

Got a terrific score off his right in the same half too.

He came up with a fair amount of clutch scores for club and county. All time leading scorer for the county at such a young age says it all.

He’d be a super ‘keeper at club level - he’d never stop talking! :smile:

4 Likes

I was on the hill a few steps down on the left side for it (I think @Fran told me about the spot when I asked ). It was savage rain and wind the whole game which stopped when the game was over. Limerick were brilliant that day and had bate Tipp 2 that year. The point was unreal but Hickey, Jimbob and Hannon were immense that day.
He will be missed

1 Like

He danced a lot of dances.

Not to mention the goal against Tipp in 2014 in Ibrox/Mordor, it was a beautiful goal and day.

Hopefully in time he gets fit enough to get back playing with na piarsaigh again. Does sound like a desperate knee injury.

1 Like

and Tipp got to the final + a replay. Limerick were excellant that year

Most of his goal keeping duties were in primary school. He has four or five Ola Cups. So for the first couple of them he was in goal as the pick in Christ The King wouldn’t have been as big as at club level. He was injured for one final. Broke his arm.

TJ Ryan kept the show on the road after that cark cunt Donal O’Grady threw his toys out of the pram.

Was a good year alright, would like to see the semi-final back against KK in full.

1 Like

What a guy.

2 Likes

Very noticeable that Dowling thanked John Allen, TJ Ryan and John Kiely, with no mention for “Co-manager” Donal O’Grady, the know it all Cork cunt. That’s why we love The Dow

2 Likes

You must be thinking of someone else

2 Likes